Opinion On Gay Rights?

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  •   Ivan

Vast, vast majority of psychologists and other health care professionals disagree with your stance that "changing ones gender isn't going to help you. In fact, I challenge you to link me to a single psychologist who'd agree with the notion that a sex change never helps in combatting e.g. gender dysphoria. Even JBP agrees with this notion lol.

I also doubt that you have ever encountered somebody accusing you of bigotry because you used "incorrect pronouns" - You only see instances of this on the web because of "radical leftists" (cringe) are more pronounced on the internet due to how algorithms prop them up.

If somebody asks you politely to call them by "they/them", then I certainly think you're a dickwad for continually misgendering them on purpose. Do you call people David if they tell you their name is John? Honestly, if you think having to say "they/them" to somebody is confusing, then you're perhaps not the brightest individual in the room, which I doubt is the case.

there are only 2 genders and you cannot and will not change my mind. that’s the way i was raised and taught.

Talk about being open-minded lol.

•   DragonSlayer2189 I personally think you're a social outcast if you go by made-up, nonsensical pronouns such as those you listed, and I would most likely avoid you IRL if you told me that. None the less I would respect your wishes, and try to meet your expectations of me.

But fo' real - secondary sexual characteristics should imply the pronouns you're going to use. If you look and dress like a man, the standard pronouns are he/him unless stated otherwise. I think it's silly to use "they/them" for every person you meet, and some might even take offence to that, because they might think you're implying that they don't look like their binary gender.

• I've got mixed feelings on homosexuals. I obviously support them and I think they should pursue any identity they wish - whatever makes them happy. To deny them that or to restrict them because of something like that is just wrong. But its hard for me to truly get to know them because of some past incidents. This is more personal and serious than my usual posts because I have strong feelings on the matter. In 6th or 5th grade, my best friend - a guy who I knew for as long as I could remember - tried to engage with me sexually. I tried to tell him I wasn't into it but he kept persisting. I eventually just left before anything happened, but to this day - we haven't talked. Its hard for me to not project my feelings on this experience onto other gays. (before you go calling me homophobic its not like I avoid gays, I just find it difficult to really talk to them for any extended time). I know I shouldn't use this one experience to guide my perception of a diverse community, and I know I'm flawed for doing so - but I can't help myself.

• Why the fuck does it matter if someone's gay or not let them buy cake and shit

Pretty sure theyre humans either way?? Consenting adults means it is fine

As for the sex change things, if i didnt get the surgeries i would have probably progressed in my mental deterioration and eventually started causing harm to other people or be drugged to shit, so i'd prefer if people didnt refer to me as she when i have a beard

ketchup aX0Qxn3.png

• I'm going to be brutally honest when I say this…
    But I really do not have an issue if you're gay or whatever you identify as, I believe that everyone should be treated the same way no matter what. If you're a dude who likes another dude, go for it.
    If you're a woman who likes another woman, go for it. It's your life, you do what you want with it. The whole idea of "sex change" doesn't really make sense to me, but if you want to do that, I'm still going to respect them.

I don't understand why people reject all of this stuff and just don't like the idea of "gay rights"…That's all I gotta say.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• If it's 2 consenting adults, who frickin cares. as for changing your sex, who frickin cares, noone can tell you how to live your life.
    Want to identify as an attack helicopter? heck yeah, do it!

Endermatter Cat-Person with wings and Magic who follows the Cat Religion.

"Never Surrender."

• Bare opinion, I don't support the LGBTQ community or the ideology. I disregard pronouns and the ability to choose your sexuality, it's stupid.

Do I hate the people that follow such? No, but I wouldn't wanna have to be forced into accepting something like what the majority of LGBT I met tried to do, been debating those lads, and coming from a religious background, my opinion isn't gonna change.