Opinion On Gay Rights?

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • hi… im non-binary, is anyone else here gay? my pronouns are zie/zirs/zieself

my brother thinks being gay is a ‘sin’ like bro grow the f-word up why are you caring about who i like?

• im counting on this thread becoming an absolute dumpster fire eventually, since that's what happened with the last one

on the topic of this actual thread though, im a trans-woman who's currently in a polyamorous relationship with both guys and a girl so my stance should be obvious.

1gaah.png

• Think this sums up my stance quite well.

Nah but really tho, I don't see why I should care about which gender people are attracted to or which gender people feel more comfortable presenting as. It doesn't affect me so why the fuck should I care. Do your thing and let people do theirs.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• i would never be gay; just not the way i was raised. sorry if you think differently, that’s my beliefs. if you have a penis you’re a male and if you have a vagina then you’re a female. you should stick to the gender you were at birth and changing it isn’t going to do you any better than having Twitter and southern California on your side. this pronoun bullshit, i’m sick of going to some eccentric fucking city and being told “you’re using my incorrect pronouns”. for hundreds of years we have been using he/she, and now to be using some fucking “they/them”, etc is just confusing and unnecessary. there are only 2 genders and you cannot and will not change my mind. that’s the way i was raised and taught.

that being said, if you’re a male liking another male, then the law should cover and protect you. everyone should be treated equally no matter what type of fucking helicopter they identify as, etc

Rex2LostOldAccount Like genuinely asking is that a piss take.

It's not, and it's not that commonly known either.

I know in some cases they're effectively "Alternatives" to the normal pronouns and some to cover "Gaps" as it were, but sure the OP or someone else can explain it better than that.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

Rex2LostOldAccount Here now is where I get confused even more, 4 people in a relationship?

FWIW being polly doesn't mean it's "One relationship" more that you may have multiple relationships, some overlapping, some not, it's pretty flexible by definition and design.

Also worth clarifying that being polly also doesn't mean you can't be straight / bi / gay / some other variant, you can be straight and polly.

Here's a super crap diagram to sort of explain it

In that example "I" am in a relationship with 4 other people, but the only "Group" is with Persons 3 and 4.

Sometimes everyone knows about everyone, sometimes they don't. Sometimes those people will not be polly but are comfortable with you being polly, sometimes they will have their own version of that diagram where they see other people as well.

That might have confused you more but hopefully is sort of an idea.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   Rex2LostOldAccount essentially i have multiple partners -- most of said partners are in a relationship with me and a few of them someone else as well -- we all know about each other and each others partners, etc -- yes, im fully aware that this is far from the, uhhh, social norm, but it works for all of us and we're all happy so 🤷

1gaah.png