Add a question for Discord accounts in the admin reinstatement application

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Vouch iff it's optional. Discord can just be unreliable in general (while outages are rarer than a few years ago, they don't seem to be getting any shorter), and I believe that, instead of Seth and fionn, that's what Video was referring to with the "unreliable and untrustworthy" comment.~(~(~(~(~(~(FWIW I was admin before I turned 13 in mid-2017.))))))

• A requirement for admins to use Discord would force them to have an account and bind them by Discord’s highly objectionable Privacy Policy. This server’s forcing of Discord upon its admins would show that the higher-ups here do not care about privacy, or rather the choice of their admins to be privacy-conscious and not use Discord.

The only reason this isn’t viewed as absurd is because Discord hasn’t been abandoned for the next hot thing yet. It would be like making admins use TeamSpeak or Skype… but Skype at least makes sense because Microsoft is forcing their MS Accounts down the throats of Minecraft players.

resident_user A requirement for admins to use Discord would force them to have an account and bind them by Discord’s highly objectionable Privacy Policy.

Here we go again…

The suggestion is NOT to make Discord compulsory. The suggestion is to add a question about Discord in the reinstatement application, asking if the user has an account.

@'wxtermelon' The suggestion is to add a question about Discord in the reinstatement application, asking if the user has an account.

Which is already a thing for admin applications, might I add, and we just approved an admin who at the time of his approval didn't have discord. It's quite clearly not mandatory.

To boil it down, this suggestion just makes it easier to re-add an admin whose reinstating if they're on the discord server.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• @'wxtermelon' My post isn’t in direct response to your suggestion but the owner saying that it really should be a requirement.

People on this forum seem to have a problem with reading a thread before impulsively responding to something they see. I’m sorry for the trouble you had.

• Right so with respect I've yet to see a valid reason against this - the suggestion has nothing to do with making discord mandatory.

I'm approving this suggestion on the basis that it makes the process of reinstatement smoother for all those involved, at little cost.

To be extra clear - discord is not mandatory to become admin, or reinstate to a former administrative position.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.