Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • To start off with, I do not want this to be a pitty thread for me, I do not expect people to forgive me, in fact if they get angrier over the fact I even showed my face again, I'll completely understand.

For a little backstory: I've been up for 3 nights in a row now, wishing I could undo what I did. Instead of just handing over the server like a normal person, I deleted it. I did this completely out of spite. In my mind at the time, it was my way to "get back" at people. I did give the original server files back, but that was only after being a complete edgy dumb ass for the first approx 24 hours.

Fast forward now as I said above, I feel like a piece of shit. I felt like the least I can do is give Ryan all the social media accounts, which he now all owns, and make an apology.

Seriously, from the bottom of my heart, I am truly sorry for the shit show I've created.

I really don't know what else to say from here, there really isn't anything else for me to say, at least nothing that I can think of.

If you have any questions I'm more than willing to answer them in this thread. If you want to give me a final fuck you, by all means go ahead. I failed this community as a leader, and there is no way to bend around that fact.

Thank you for even bothering to read this.

• i dont forgive you but like with ivan im not gonna hate you or anything. You did try to kill tf. Even if it didnt work, the attempt and intent was still there.

i disagreed with so many of your decisions as owner and i was like way too vocal about it. if i contributed to your exit in any way then im sorry.

people in this thread are gonna start saying 'i forgive you we were wrong' or whatever and i disagree with this. wrong is stuff like i did, making memes and shit. wrong is not being vocal about concerns like many did here. i hope it isn't going to be a common pattern that people do this, but oh well.

i hope all goes well with you in real life. dont lose sleep over it because tbh it doesnt matter too much now anyway, all thats wrong with us now is that ryan is the owner, like ugh.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• I accept your apology, it was definitely impulsive but the stress of owning the server I can imagine is terrible especially with people screaming at you non stop

It was quite a fun night tbh lol

I just wanna know what made you think you were replaceable bottom line and not because you did something terrible, and also if you're gonna return to this community

• Just before people start turning this into a drama fest I thought I'd chime in here.

Running a community such as TF (Or any other community for that matter) is damn well demanding and is not easy, it's rather easy from the outside to sit here and go "Well just do "but actually there's a massive amount that goes on behind the scenes to keep the lights on, as I'm re-discovering myself.

It's greatly appreciated that you've transferred the ownership of all the social media accounts, it certainly makes life easier going forward.

I genuinely wish you well, and thank you for all the work you did do for the server, because keeping the server going is not an easy job (And you'll certainly never find many people that acknowledge / thank you for it) so it genuinely is appreciated because without the work you did during your time as owner we probably wouldn't be where we are today.

I'll encourage people here to remember that being an owner is a stressful job and burnout is a real thing so please do keep that in mind...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @fionn#3218 The idea that I can just be voted out was extremely unsettling to me, I felt more like a president than a server owner because of it. And when my worst fears came to light and couldn't make it go away I lost my mind over it. In the end anyone could of owned the server, and thats still the case. I might stick around but I don't know how active I'll be.

• i dont think theres anything to apologize about. "totalfreedom" was never going to die, even if you did delete everything.

although i dont really understand your concern with being "replaceable," nor do i understand why people use that argument to try to justify your actions. That was always just a given haha. You were appointed by the community. every staff member can be replaced, thats the nature of it.

beyond that, you were tasked with an impossible job, and you did the best you could. Anyone who holds it against you is frankly stupid and takes their volunteer position a little too seriously

• I don't want to add anything personally at this time, I just want to spread this message from Mark that he has since deleted, from shortly after the event:

By the way, Seth left me a note advising me to not hand over access and I read his farewell message. While I'm disappointed he left the way he did, I do identify with his frustrations. Back when I wanted to leave, I was ready to pull the plug but fortunately Windows was willing to take ownership. I have no interest in getting involved with TF again other than TF domain ownership i have. As long as there's people who are willing and able to continue the legacy of spirt of TF, it's all good. On the other hand, TF was never about freedom to harass others, be toxic and/or hateful. That's not to say those things didn't happen but there were policies in place to try and temper that kind of thing. My very brief time on the new forum & discord left a sour taste in my mouth in regards to that. Perhaps Seth felt some of that.

Also, for reference purposes, here is the original farewell message that was visible in place of the forum, courtesy of Tozzit:
    https://tozzit.xyz/seth/

• NGL I forgive you, I know how you felt and TBH you were a nice owner. Except for that one time that the whole end got wiped, I was mad but I accept the apology. Wild is also a (seemingly) nice owner so far, probably as OK as you, atleast for me.

Oh and small note, You did actually delete it instead of handing it over, and I don't get why, but that doesn't mean I won't forgive you.

Weak people revenge.
    Strong people forgive.
    Intellegent people ignore.

• Someone

Apology accepted.

• hi seth,

this was made apparent to me by someone - though i'm sure shit has been talked about behind my back and a lot of things have been said after i unfollowed everyone on social media and left, i never even thought about saying goodbye specifically to you.

thank you for everything - we've known each other for 8 years and i've known you longer than anyone else on this server. you were always there for me, and i wish i could have been much of a better friend to you. i regret a lot of my past, it was cringe, edgy, but looking back if i hadn’t been the person i was years ago, i wouldn't be the better person i am now - i think ultimately you are also a reason that helped me, just looking at old messages, screenshots, and realizing how cringe we both were. since i left, a lot of things have changed, for the better.

my intention "when i had power" was never to delete TF, and i know it was never a purposeful intention on your part either. my intention was actually to make TF better, and i believe it was yours too, but sometimes things just don’t work in our favor. stress builds up and sometimes, out of our control. since you've owned this server i think it has just been stressful on your part, with shit always to fix, people pissed off at you constantly - it's harder than it looks both developing and owning a server.

the server is back, everything seems fine, and i believe ultimately no one should be telling you to fuck yourself - shit happened and there is no undo'ing the mistake. you should be forgiven.

again, thank you for being a very great friend and i wish you luck on your future endeavors.