matscalle master builder application

• Your current Minecraft name (IGN):
    Matscalle
    Do you have a discord account? If yes, post your username#discriminator here.
    matscalle#5351
    How often you plan to be active as a MB on Total Freedom? (Daily, once a week etc.)
    Mosly daily except if i have exams and stuff
    Will you help contribute to building projects when requested by the Executive Creative Designer (ECD)?:
    yes as much as i can
    What type of building skill(s) do you currently obtain (terraforming, redstone, interior, exterior):
    terraforming, redstone, exterior
    Provide several screenshots with 3+ of your own builds, without any form of shaders:

https://imgur.com/a/MLepJPJ

one of my rides

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mvyv2aswtsq…-04-21.mp4?dl=0

If there was one thing that you would say you could improve on within your builds, what would it be?Adding more decoration to the builds and working on more ways to improve as a builder(Optional) Do you do any other form of creative work (e.g. drawing, animation, video design, etc.)drawing(Optional) If any players can vouch or provide further evidence for you being the builder behind your builds, please list their names:

i want to help more people and hope to use my skills to improve myself and others *matscalle 2022 24 january*

part of the application was copied from my last mb application but i have changed some stuff

codium multimatter redanium sporres

matscalle terraforming, redstone, interior, exterior

Okay so, you've listed that you're good at all of these, but you didn't show any evidence of them.

Also for the skillset you claim to have, why aren't there more builds here? The versatility you claim should have a more diverse portfolio

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Hello, so, let me get this straight:

You're showing like 11 images of one build.

I think this is not enough to justify you being MB. You need multiple builds, and NOT multiple images.

Also, I personally think you should write only areas you excel in, and not just all areas that you CAN do. For example, in my app I wrote that I'm good at redstone. In no way do I need for you or want you to go as insane as me and make an entire video just for my MB app, but you should definitely add more builds. It's important that you show proof for all of the areas you excel at, and video evidence is actually preferred and sometimes encouraged.

Sorry to say this, but for now, it's an Object.

I would like for you to try harder next time and maybe even get better at these areas in the meantime!

Anyways, peace.

• Object. Very little thought was put into any part of this application. You can always try Griefing if you don't like building

It's hard to make a mountain look interesting on its own so I would already suggest choosing a different landform to use to demonstrate your abilities. The way it is, there's no good reason to have so many ores like that on the surface. They're just placed randomly with no thought in order to add color.

I'll get clowned on for overthinking it but there's a natural reaction of disgust when something looks off. If you wanted to demonstrate weathering and erosion, you could carve out sharper lines and place patches of stone variants based on references. If you wanted to add color, you could add patches of dirt and clay near the water, with flowers that you would find in the mountains. You've added moss but totally at random. Moss likes to grow near moisture, shade, and acidic soil. Acidic soil occurs a lot near granite and compact clay soils. You could create a beautiful gradient from a stream to a river, layered and surrounded by moss. And since it's a Minecraft build, you have the power to make the stream take a more interesting form. I'd make more curves and a rock in the middle. Experiment with stairs, slabs, buttons, and 1.17 blocks

For the application, experiment with interesting camera angles and proofread what you write. Is it easy to read? Not atm

DragonSlayer2189 Be sincere

• I Object. Not enough builds are listed (min. 3, you put 11 images of one build) and you listed 'redstone, and exterior' as skillsets and I do not see any evidence of anything falling into those categories. Given your claim to have these skill sets, I would expect a portfolio that also highlights builds in those categories. In regards to the build you listed, it seems very 'plain' and lacks details that would make it stand out as 'MB-worthy'. You could improve the mountain given it isn't tall by putting grass on top and including vegetation in a similar fashion to one of my builds below. I also would recommend making the structure not as 'steep' as it allows for a more 'natural terrain' look, instead of a glorified boulder with water coming off of it.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Neutral, you haven't sent images that show other two or more builds.
    The build that you did send looks decent, although, i'm not sure that it's on MB level.

• Object

I'm no redstone expert, but the redstone you've shown here in a master builder application is basic. It just seems to be glimpses of a lighting circuit. I've also seen other critiques of the lack of detail and skill shown in the first build you sent.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.