savnith - perm ban appeal

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

zeseryu Its honestly disgusting to see our higher level staff be so obviously biased.

I don't disagree that in this case, my view is somewhat biased, but I will say that part of the reason I have this bias is because to be blunt, I don't trust him.

After watching him repeat the same cycle over and over again dozens of times (apologizing, trying to gain everyone's trust, then blowing it all off by attacking the server very suddenly) for years, I have straight up lost the ability to trust him. I know it's possible for him to have actually changed, but I simply can't tell the difference between this and the many other cases of the past because of how many times I saw that cycle. This is also why I was more accepting towards Panther, because he didn't have this nearly as many times as Savnith did.

EDIT - 1/16/2022: Reluctantly, I've changed my vote to a vouch - see above.

image.png

•   RedEastWood wtf do u want him to write? a 5 page apology in MLA format? lol
    we've allowed people who have DOX'd others on the server, and you want to hold him accountable for shit he did when he was ~16 years old (ddosing) while we had our OWN STAFF STALK and TRACK his IRL records? yeah, nice.

• I would like to comment that, although I understand the concern over objections solely due to something which occured years ago, I do not feel it's right to vouch solely because we unbanned X person who did very bad stuff as well.

This appeal should be on the merit of the person writing it and not be influenced by the outcomes of appeals we saw in times bygone.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• alright so i vouch purely out of principle that we have allowed others of his caliber to return. i do expect a new beginning from here, i do absolutely think any rulebreaking needs to be met with a harsher punishment given the users history but i don't think the user needs to be held to their actions from like 5 years ago the fuck

that being said i do expect a better and proper apology. im not normally one to care too much but you did a lotta shit that was quite fucked up

erin This appeal should be on the merit of the person writing it and not be influenced by the outcomes of appeals we saw in times bygone.

uh i absolutely disagree, we must be holding everyone to account equally

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• I have no stance on this. One one hand, you have made clear in the past through your actions that you will inevitably repeat the same actions, repeatedly, time and time again. You have made it very difficult to earn any sort of trust back from the community when it comes to rejoining, due to your blatant insincerity of past apologies; an insincerity reflected, it seems, in this apology post as well. Not only have you broken countless TF policies, but also committed actions that not only violate the policies here but violate numerous laws in multiple countries. Due to these facts, your permanent ban seems to still hold some validity. On the other hand, it's been 6 years since your indefinite ban date, and we have been through many iterations of what I consider to be eras for TotalFreedom. Who is to say in that time away you've also changed for the better? The only way to find out is allowing you back to prove yourself. It's a very tough spot to call, in the event that your previous actions repeated would still be a detriment to the server and its community, and in the state we are in currently, this is not something that has any warrant. Especially now with the progression we have made in terms of player retention and server upkeep, and overall community health. I think rather than posting an apology thread, where you could blow smoke out your ass all day and it would be hard to gather whether it's sincere or not, you should spend time actively contributing to the community through the forums in positive ways.

• vouch i don't know what all of you guys expect from him, grovelling? a forced "apology" is much worse
    he did "hella dumb shit" and if he wants to properly apologise let him do it to the parties involved, nobody who wasn't affected by it shouldn't be complaining imo

square nobody who wasn’t affected by it shouldn’t be complaining imo

You’ve made three references to my response, so I assume this is a lowkey call-out to what I said. I only responded because Zeseryu was insistent that Video is a hypocrite, which I know not to be the case based on my conversations with him. I was not complaining but rather justifying those who have objected.

• vouch , disregarding the whole misunderstanding about the ban list wipe (which has some corruption behind it) if sav breaks the rule then treat them like any other player and ban them.

we have a ton of people in this server (who have done questionable things) who were given many chances, it’s not different for savnith’s case. besides it’s not like they would have plans to apply for admin 🤷‍♂️

Rhymix ban list wipe (which has some corruption behind it)

IT LITERALLY DIDNT RONALD this was one of the things i actually did good… the ban list wipe was heavily needed but it was my discretion who stayed on there. everyone was unbanned up to i believe it was june 2019 permbans. the people who weren’t unbanned were people like adamvandyck, vicki145, marcocorriero, savnith, uyscutix, and I’m sure there were a few others but you know I just kept people on there who shouldn’t have been unbanned. I still unbanned people whether one I knew them or not and whether I disliked them or not. These were players who I felt didn’t even deserve a place back on the server