[TOS] Age-Usage Enforcement (Suggestions)

• This thread has been created to open up a vast majority of suggestions in regards to TOS Age enforcement; As you may know, the ID Verification Method, as well as the current Indef-Ban method, is not everyone's favorite.

This is your moment to suggest a better enforcement system that should guarantee the safety of our community and discord server. With that being said, before suggesting I would like everyone to review Discord's Age Restriction Policy. Don't make idiotic and foolish suggestions such as "Just trust them" or "If he(or she) says that's his(or her) age, just go with it", those will be denied automatically.

Keep this thread peaceful with no arguments or attempts at starting drama.

• I said this before, I think it’s really simple. It’s discords job to enforce their ToS. We are extended some of that responsibility but going to lengths that even discord doesn’t bother going to to check people’s age is illogical.

The way I see it, we assume everyone is of age (since they have a discord account). If they then admit to being underage at any point, we can ban them subject to appeal after however long it would take for them to be of age. For example, someone admits to being 10 years old, they’re banned and can appeal after 3 years. This appeal shouldn’t require any kind of actual proof, since our whole premise is that everyone is 13 until something suggests otherwise, as far as we are concerned, they will have turned 13 after the 3 years.

This lifts any concern of us not doing our part to enforce the ToS while not giving us unnecessary headaches.

elmon The way I see it, we assume everyone is of age (since they have a discord account). If they then admit to being underage at any point, we can ban them subject to appeal after however long it would take for them to be of age. For example, someone admits to being 10 years old, they’re banned and can appeal after 3 years. This appeal shouldn’t require any kind of actual proof, since our whole premise is that everyone is 13 until something suggests otherwise, as far as we are concerned, they will have turned 13 after the 3 years.

vouch

• the TOS states something along the lines of possibly removing servers who don't take action if we have knowledge somebody is underage
    the enforcement itself should not be fully decided by us, but by discord as we do not take responsibility for them
    i fully agree with elmon

• I remember someone messaging Discord support about the age thing and they told him he would have been contacted by the Trust & Safety team... I can't remember who was it... maybe @"wisemagick1"#572 ?

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager