• I came on Discord today to find that emojis have been added before channel names:

Throughout my long time on Discord, I've come to learn that emojis before channel names provide various looks, depending on what you actually choose for them. Emojis are often seen in servers such as 'anime hangouts' (which are not bad), where the people are completely different to the people that we would want to invite to TotalFreedom. In those servers, you may see a lot of heart emojis, as the servers tend to be all about caring for one another. On the other hand, a server could have the following emojis:

The photo, which shows the channel structure of the 'Pizza Place Community' server, suggests to us a more relaxed server. Somewhere that players of the game can go.

I think one thing we should consider about the actual emojis before the channel names is the usefulness they provide. Before I was writing this thread, I originally held the opinion that we should abolish the emojis. I've now come to agree with the fact that in reality, emojis provide a very good guide of where things are. I think we as a community can take this further though. I think we can take advantage of the emojis, by replacing them with actual emojis about our Minecraft server, or TotalFreedom as a brand. An example is by having a Minecraft dirt/grass block emoji as the emoji for the category 'Server Channels'.

Additionally, we should utilise emojis for roles, too. Discord Moderators are equipped with a little shield with a Discord logo - we could utilise this feature with other roles such as a Freedom-01 Server Admin.

Emotes are very small and I'm sure some of us would be willing to contribute to making some. They don't have to be complicated, there's only 128x128px available.

What do you guys think?

• I just think we should take some time to see what Nick was going for when he started putting them on last night before going to any major effort regarding them.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• it's too late. helplessly, i'm defamed by my own lips, as my trapped soul violently thrashes. "i am submissive and breedable." it's too late. the maid virus has taken over. "i am neutral about our emojis turning gamers into lewd femboy anime-loving deviants." i neither enjoy it or fear it. i can only accept my fate. fluffy cat ears emerge through the black lace. i taste blood. i think back to the emojis. i could have been a father someday. as i am suffocated by my corset, i imagine my children's faces.

if you're worried about attracting the scum of society, the freedom gamemode already does that for you at a high capacity.

• Emojis make sense before the categories' names, make things easier to track. I think putting them on each channel would be messy as there are a lot.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• No special reason why they exist and they don't really need a reason to be a thing. I see nothing wrong with it, gives the discord a bit of colour instead of the plain gray text which is no fun.

Will the whole discord have emojis? No, this isn't a dating server. Just the top category which seems to have been accepted by now with no more complaints other than this.

I'm not looking to change them anytime soon.