Suspension - helium/jupiterbabey

• Name of the admin that was suspended.
    helium - ign is jupiterbabey

Date and time you suspended the admin.
    10/1/2022 at 7:15pm

Why you suspended the admin - include relevant evidence
    We have received numerous reports from various different individuals surrounding abuse of power (staff conduct policy 3c), bigotry towards others' political perspectives (3f) and failing on multiple occasions to heed admin warnings (3h). The most recent incident was when helium kept calling fssp gay and made an entire build about it with the intent of trolling/making fssp uncomfortable.

How long did you suspend them for?
    Just one week.

Did you notify the admin that you removed them and why you did?
    I did.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• I wish to make a statement regarding my suspension.
    I in no way object to this decision, I made the wrong decisions and this is the right thing.

To fssp, I want to apologize for my unprofessional behavior, I made a pride build for you and mis-quoted your chat messages. I intended on it being a joke, as it is known widely that you are in fact not part of the LGBTQ+ community, and I took it too far. I don't remember repeatedly calling you gay, although the build did insinuate such ideas. I should have let past bygones be bygones, and that was my fault.

To the community, I truly apologize for my actions. I in no way intended to abuse my power as a staff member, and I am sorry to anyone I hurt in that period. I don't want to be a person that hurts people or ruins their experience on TotalFreedom. I would like to make clear in no way object to this suspension, as it is justified. I will take this week to reflect on my actions, and learn from my mistakes.
    I will be on a brief hiatus for the duration of this suspension.
    Im sorry guys.

• To quote a post Mark made all the way back in December 2015 on the ProBoards forum:

Total Freedom is a server that welcomes anybody regardless of race, religion (inc. non-religious like Atheists), orientation, and political ideology; Total Freedom does not have a preference for any race, religion, orientation, or political ideology.

Admins especially must remember they are representatives of TF and should not engage in conduct that would suggest that we don't really welcome people of a particular race, religion, etc.

That doesn't mean we'll be holding hands and embracing each other; there is & will be friction between those of opposing beliefs but disagreement must be civil & respectful. Use of slurs and showing contempt will not convince anybody that you're right - quite the opposite in fact. If you can't express yourself intelligently and with respect, you're potentially violating our guidelines as well as admin rules of respect. Whether it's the server or the deep discussion forum, If we learn to intelligently and respectfully disagree with each other, perhaps you'll find common ground but if the discussion devolves into name calling, slurs, personal attacks, and hate, take a time out and if you're an admin, put a stop to it.

Helium's case is a cautionary tale about why it's important to maintain a clear judgement, even when handling political disputes or engaging with people of differing political views. I believe these incidents are a product of his political views clouding his judgement as an administrator. Why or how that happened is up for debate.

image.png

• @'court' i absolutely agree with what you're saying but there also needs to be neutrality. yeah mosely has said some abhorrent things but those things have been off platform. additionally for the whole 'driving out x' thing, i don't particularly like that idea as it just causes an echochamber.

i do absolutely understand motivations, and I don't even disagree. if i didn't care as much id be terrorising mosely. but as i said neutrality and all

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   Luke i completely agree, i need a better sense of neutrality, and i see this suspension as an opportunity to grow that sense of neutrality. i have nothing against this suspension, it was for the best. all i ask is you all see why i did what i did. i ask that you recognize my reason. what i did was shitty, but mosely had been bleeding a sense of community from the server for a while in my opinion. my mistake was forgetting to remember as admin, i cant act as i normally would irl. im an administrator which means i represent more then just me, helium, but the TotalFreedom server as a whole. again, i have no objections towards the suspension, as I was in the wrong. i appreciate some trying to defend my actions, but i messed up.

@'court' Mosley is super intolerant and has a personal army just like him. Given Helium’s identity he obsessively hates Mosley for it. He makes life unpleasant for Mosley in order to drive him out, which makes TF a friendlier place.

tf is a much unfriendlier place if we are driving people out for their religious beliefs

videogamesm12 Total Freedom is a server that welcomes anybody regardless of race, religion (inc. non-religious like Atheists), orientation, and political ideology; Total Freedom does not have a preference for any race, religion, orientation, or political ideology.

whether you like it or not, mosley's stance is a religious belief. he is entitled to his opinion just as much as anyone else. i always see people calling mosley super intolerant all the time yet ive never seen him trying to drive other people to leave the server, but i am constantly seeing other people trying to drive him out. seems like mosley isnt the real "intolerant" person here

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

@'court' Yet I can’t help but feel worse for Helium than Mosley. Mosley is super intolerant and has a personal army just like him. Given Helium’s identity he obsessively hates Mosley for it

Mosley has an opinion. I don't really agree with the claim that Mosley is intolerant as such, he has an overtly religious view and while his likes are being ostracised elsewhere, there is no tangible reason for him to be ostracised by an administrator on this server. The issue here is that Mosley was harassed by an admin, if it were an OP nobody would really care - I'm not even convinced that Mosley cared about this current situation either.

@'court' He makes life unpleasant for Mosley in order to drive him out

This is the issue.

@'court' This happens a lot for many reasons: consider Shdwo, Godfather, Darth, Nathaniel

All of these people did something to incite a negative reaction in the moment. Shdwo harassed Anzu, Godfather insulted other admins, Darth framed fionn and leaked groupchats, and Nathaniel targeted one of our staff members. From the logs provided to me, Fssp did nothing to provoke helium here - helium acted out of pure spite on someone that literally didn't acknowledge him.

I think further clarification on exactly what helium did is necessary, people seem to think he is somehow a victim to Mosley's character.

Fssp had jokingly said something consisting of geteso inside jokes (“clydeposting”, “homobros”, etc). Helium took this horridly out of context and went over the top with the joke that fssp had come out (to the point where he even built a “pride build” for him) knowing that fssp doesn’t support LGBTQ+. This happened literally 4 days after Video made a thread that set some guidelines for how political disputes should be handled, denouncing this kind of behavior.

Following this, Video warned Helium of his actions. Another day later, Helium further escalated things by adding onto the original build.

– Server chat transcript from January 5, 2022 –
    Helium: fssp
    Helium: im upgrading your pride build

This was the original "memorial"

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/41…676/unknown.png

Later (after being warned), helium then "upgraded it"

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/41…426/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/41…276/unknown.png

I am giving context and the full extent of what he did to show people that fssp was quite literally harassed for having a political view, and this was much worse as fssp hadn't even done anything to provoke helium (or even acknowledge his jabs).

Hopefully with the full context you can see how it was pretty much just unprovoked harassment, rather than a forced reaction to Mosley.

I pretty much copied the entire context bit from Video