Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Introduction

A while back, I wrote a script in Python that allowed me to essentially use a keybind to pop open a menu to do various things I usually did in the command-line, such as starting certain local servers or scraping Flarum forums. I called it the Toolbox, and the name has stuck with it ever since.

However, the main problem with the script was that it was extremely limited in what it could do, and its code was basically all over the place. Here's the source code so you can see what I mean:

Rewrite

To make things feel more graphical and allow for a more flexible interface, I recently rewrote the script to essentially make it feel more graphical and in doing so, built the foundation for a potentially useful graphical framework that lets you make simple menus using the curses library. So, I've decided to release the code for the Framework (the backend of the now-rewritten Toolbox) today. There are some places where it is rough around the edges but one of these days I'll get around to fixing it. For now, enjoy.

image.png