Something useful I found

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • https://store.rg-adguard.net/

This website. You can paste any URL from the Microsoft Store (or enter the ProductID) and you can then download the msixbundle from there directly. This is great if you're like me and want the Microsoft Store uninstalled completely. This doesn't really have a use on LTSC versions, but if you're on Windows 11 (and more modern versions of 10), Notepad and Paint come from the Microsoft Store by default. You can use it to get the latest versions, or for any app really. Of course, it won't automatically update and it's up to you to do it yourself.

9msmlrh6lzf3 ProductID for Notepad
    9pcfs5b6t72h ProductID for Paint

You can then open PowerShell and run this to install it:
    Add-AppxPackage C:/path/to/msixbundle

Edit: You can also double click on it to install it with a fancy GUI on Windows 11 now. Pretty sure that's new as I don't recall being able to do this on 10.

Just a neat little website I found in case anyone needs it

• @'FT ' Winget does not work unless you are signed into the store, you get an error otherwise. I actually didn't realize that was the purpose of App Installer. I just thought it was the app Microsoft used to download more bloatware further on. I usually uninstalled it for this reason but was curious so decided to keep it this time, so that explains it.