Reposting this gem of a promotional video

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • still don't understand why we aren't using this as promotional material for the server I would 1000% join as a new player if i saw that video. it's almost as if no one wants to play on a corporatized server and would rather play on a chill server instead

• Weird laugh and high FPS (Freedom Per Second) aside, this video catches people's curiosity without revealing enough about the server. A bit of funny, giving the idea the place is special (without specifying what kind of "special"), keeping the mistery to make curious people join and see by themselves.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

Telesphoreo still don’t understand why we aren’t using this as promotional material for the serve

Because AFAIK there has been no promotions of any kind for quite some time... That's probably the bottom line to be brutally honest.

Telesphoreo it’s almost as if no one wants to play on a corporatized server and would rather play on a chill server instead

I don't think this has ever been disputed, but there is also a difference between chill and the wild west... A lot of what I've done as you're well aware has been to try to stop the things that caused players to leave before, like admins making up rules as they go along, totally un-tested code and config making it straight onto the server and resulting in less stability and all that good stuff.

Frankly the average player or prospective player really shouldn't see any actual difference in how the server is ran now compared to 2 years ago, the difference being stuff behind the scenes should be that bit more organised, and we should have our shit together.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @'Ryan' yeah, i want the server to be chill

this is the wild west

one sad, lonely player on TF

anyway back on topic do we just not have access to the server listings anymore? iirc some of them like planet minecraft let you put a video as the first thing you see

Telesphoreo do we just not have access to the server listings anymore?

Not to all of them. We should have access to most but some were created by people's personal accounts. I'm not sure how much effort has been put into actively recovering them though.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@'Ryan' We should have access to most but some were created by people’s personal accounts.

I can only remember one that we couldn’t access.

@'Ryan' I’m not sure how much effort has been put into actively recovering them though.

Tizz did message me enquiring about this and I essentially referred him back to you as the accounts use the Marketing Manager email.

We should have all but one server listing.