Bug Report - Usernames

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Date and Time (please include the timezone):
    12:52 GMT, 25th December 2021

Describe the bug or exploit:
    If a user has a recent IGN change, when PMing said user with NetworkManager, their old username comes up. An example I did was with quack95, who recently changed his IGN to pixlrq. When I PMed him today, this happened:

Plugin(s) impacted:
    Just a guess, but probably NetworkManager.

Expected behaviour (if known):
    I don't understand this question, sorry.

Step to reproduce:
    1) Run/pm username message - put a username of someone that changed name recently, such as pixlrq.

Server where the bug occurred:
    Freedom-01. I've heard from @"Yurni"#313 this is happening in the hub too.

Can the bug or exploit be reproduced on another server within the network?
    The hub.

Notes:

I've had a little guess and I'm just assuming it's gonna take time to update. I think it's all usernames changed in the past month, but I'm not too sure.

• Will take a look. Not sure if these are usernames or nm display names it's trying to use but I know we've had some issues with nm not picking up name changes properly for some reason. Will have a look and chat with the developer if needed. We might not be totally up to date anyway which is probably not helping.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK