Bug Report - Guild Roles

• Date and Time (please include the timezone): 11:55 PM or so (GWT Timezone)
    Describe the bug or exploit: If you create a role with uppercase letters, it just sets all to lowercase for my guild, not sure why.
    Plugin(s) impacted: TFGuild plguin
    Expected behaviour (if known):
    Step to reproduce: 1: create a guild 2: create a rank with a capital letter 3: if you do /g info it shows that its lowercase
    Server where the bug occurred: totalfreedom
    Can the bug or exploit be reproduced on another server within the network? probably not
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/92…400/unknown.png

• Seems like this post rings true.

Shameless plug aside, why is tfguilds so bug ridden and are any of them going to be worked on in a reasonable amount of time?

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

@'FT ' insufficient testing has consequences

I clearly remember Fleek installed the new TFGuilds in freedom-02 for people to test it. What did they exactly test? It's clear they didn't know how to use the plugin if we still find these embarassing bugs.

This plugin needs to be trashed and re-written with good practices.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

Tizz This plugin needs to be trashed and re-written with good practices.

The issue is our hands have been tied due to previous shit database design. The guilds really do need re starting in a way that is totally fresh where we can re structure the database properly...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   Heavenly That's the issue... The devs both don't have time, and as I said the plugin was recently re done from the ground up but had serious constraints due to the way the database had to be structured from the last team that wrote the plugin.

Without either a lot of database re work or starting the guilds from scratch there aren't many good ways to do things re write or not.

Wild1145

•   Heavenly And I think you missed my point. We don't have enough time from the developers to maintain even what we have, much less re write things... We're still 2 major versons of mc behind with nearly 200 open tickets that need completing iirc... I appreciate a re write might sound good but it won't really solve the crux of the problem which is the data isn't in a sensible format.

Wild1145

• update: i waited a day or so and the roles turned into the capital letters i needed them to be
    i did for example
    /g createrank TFGuild
    it'd just be tfguild in /g info
    wait a day
    checked /g info again
    it had caps again

• wild1145 July 23, 2022 at 12:53 PM

Closed the thread.