Matscalle - Event Host

• What is your Minecraft IGN?

matscalle

What is your discord name and discriminator (name#0000)

matscalle#5351

What date did you register on the forums? (minimum 15 days required)

26 March

What is your timezone?

CET OR CEST CEST is in the summer

Will you be willing to assist the ECM in the hosting of events and how frequently

1-2 times a month not only on Minecraft I would do stuff like zombie events, build battle, minigame battles gartic phone roblox game jams and a big tf competition

Do you have any experience hosting events?

Yes I hosted community events and I took over a event ones

Why do you want to be an Event Host?

As I feel we need more events as you could see in down time no one did one and I know what I do and I’m super creative

Partially copied from my last one but changed a ton and yes it has been more than 30 days

codium multimatter redanium sporres

• Object. I believe you still need to work on how you compose yourself, it would be helpful to present a more calm demeanor and be more patient when thinking through and suggesting your ideas.

Keep your head up, but I don't feel you're ready for this yet.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• objection. for all the things you were criticized for in the last application, i've only seen a downward trend.

as i said last time: event hosts stand in for admins during events. you tend to be unpredictable and reckless, which are great qualities for a TF player, but not qualities i look for when i vote people into power.

if i join an event i want to be able to expect unity and consistency from the event hosts. even if an event is meant to be crazy, i want to know the event hosts are all on the same page. you're a loose cannon and that endangers the quality of everyone's experience.

update 12 feb 2022: i always objected, and haven't changed my mind, but this player is more impulsive than i thought. they can not be trusted with an administrative role.

• @'FT ' i get that i may not be the best but idk how i can proof it i would love to do a test run on it but thats just not allowed if @"lyicx"#21 allows me to i would love to show how good i can do something when i put my mind creativity and effort into something

• object

A lot of your suggestions lately have been very random, unpolished, and vague.
    As an event host you are going to need to have a set plan, execution, and clear communication.

I hope that you will develop these skills and that I will be able to vouch on a future application, but for now I'm going to have to object.

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• you know what. i feel like giving our boy here a bit of a fighting chance to prove himself. we all know its going to get objected to oblivion and i feel generous right now then the type to shun. that and we've lost the bulk of our team that i dont have a fucking clue on what to do with

im giving OP around 30 days (14th January. dont think thats on the dot but fuck you) to arrange for a server instance to be made and an event to be organized. i cant personally be of much help due to my own lack of knowhow and this is more of a test. am aware this is higher expectations than my own event hosts but to be honest i want them and have always wanted them to do shit like this i just dont know how i can convay it without repeating myself

@"matscalle"#342 i am unsure what version of paper to use but might be a good idea to use the 1.17.1 version of paper although ryan might have a different take on that https://papermc.io/downloads#Paper-1.17. put the jar file you get from this into its own folder or you're gonna have a mess on your hands. im also aware you're on a mac, going off linux logic here but providing you have java installed it should be a simple command along the lines of 'java -jar .jar' in your terminal providing you're in the right directory in your terminal which i think 'cd ' should work. im sure theres an argument you can put to extend the amount of allocated memory but im not sure of how much your PC has. once you've started it up go into your minecraft client, multiplayer and go to direct connect and put in 'localhost'. you should be able to join and only you. the rest is up to you but once you are done send the server files over. thats as about as much of a pointer as i can give as installing plugins should be as simple as dumping jars in the plugins folder and stopping and restarting the server should be easy with the terminal '/stop' and the same java command again.

do ask people for help if needed and communicate what the idea is through this thread and give updates to what you are doing. i urge anyone who can provide assistance do so as this is pretty much all i can really do (even then i might need a lot of correction to my guidence, this and mac isn't really my area lol). if the event is successful then despite vote it will be accepted

good luck.

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• so you may have seen @"lyicx"#21 ’s reply to my event host apply thanks for that lyicx but
    Both my laptop and computer are in no fit state to run a server my laptop can only run tf without lag if it’s not in full screen and my pc’s Nvidia died so can someone pls help as if not I’m fu####

• If you're unable to host a server locally, have you explored solutions such as renting a server for a month from a commercial Minecraft server hosting service? There are plenty of providers out there (just google 'Minecraft server hosting') with generally competitive pricing that can fit most budgets. If you cannot afford that, then there's (ugh) server.pro which offers free server hosting with the ability for you to upload your own plugins, but there's a limit of 10 players and about 5 GB of disk space. They also offer paid hosting as little as 5 dollars a month with support for more storage and players as well. Hope this helps you.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• I am neutral, you seem like a really nice person but the times I've seen you on the server you haven't been necessarily that warm and welcoming. This may seem a little hypocritical because I've had my fair share of arguments but event hosts need to be able to contain themselves to insure the welfare of all of the players in an event. I fear you may get caught up with one specific person and neglect the needs of other players. Again, I've been there, but I don't think this is a great trait to have as an event host. But prove me wrong! Maybe try engaging with the player base in a more kind manner, and there's a good chance I'd definately vouch! I think people can change in that way so yeah that's my imputes.