Request for testimonies regarding fssp

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I am in the process of forming an ibr case on fssp for the abuse and harassment he has caused over the year, as well as promoting geteso.org, after being warned a couple billion times. Id request your testimonies regarding his inappropriate behavior and or times he has harassed and abused yourself and other ops/ staff members. Thanks.

• I'll be honest I'm not 100% this will work. fssp is a smart dude. he just about touches the line but never quite crosses it, and the times he does he does it that infrequently it can't be chalked up to "harassment". I'm also not confident he's been advertising geteso a lot recently and thus we can't really ban him for that; and we can't ban him for hosting esotalk unless he downright incited the raids. if we ibr him on the premise he owns esotalk I will object.

I'm down to being proven wrong, but I don't think this is going to happen. Don't see this as me going at you; my own opinions on whether he should/n't be banned is private for the moment, but I'm just looking at this objectively.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• He's been rather quiet when on the server these past few weeks. Iirc he was a bit of a dick when tf was announced to be closed but ever since then as far as I'm concerned he hasn't really done much beside the odd section 3. Had a few decent conversations in the two months since then as well, even involving myself personally.

He's been unproblematic in recent months from what I've seen. His last punishment was a ban given by Ryan was for being a dick after the shutdown announcement (28/09), then for some reason you banned him 5 times yourself over the next hour and a half without any reasons given.

I would actually say that in my time here, the only real negatives I've heard about him came from other people. Aside from him completely roasting me once in what I'm guessing was a light-hearted manner, I've had no qualms with him in the months I've been here. Obviously his views are controversial and he was suspended from admin for griefing, and his website is a cesspool, but my testimony is not of a problematic individual who deserves to be on the indef bans list.

With all due respect I believe some personal issues might be impacting your judgement here.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• While I agree that fssp enabling people to raid the server is wrong, I don't believe an indefinite ban request is necessary. As a community, geteso is already on the brink of death. Multiple important users have already left (e.g. berd, GarryDaMemer), advertising attempts have failed, and the people who are still around consider it an absolute shithole. They have become so focused on how much of a shithole it is that they have essentially reduced their capability of raiding the server to nothing.

Strategically speaking, indefinitely banning fssp would actually have the potential of unifying geteso once more and increasing tensions between the two communities significantly. However, if we don't indefinitely ban him and just let his community succumb to its many internal conflicts, then tensions between the two communities does not increase and eventually it'll sort itself out.

Don't file the request.

image.png

• I see no reason for an IBR. He does not cause problems in-game that I am aware of and I seem to get along with him just fine as well. Filing the IBR could be the spark to get eso to come back together and cause problems once more. Unless he does something on TF to actually warrant an IBR such as participating in a raid, don't file it.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• I don't think he should be here at all, but my reasoning is honestly hard to explain and requires you to think about the outcomes of his presence, and the real intentions of his behavior. He is good at covering up his tracks when he trolls people here, and does it in such a way that he is always on the border of what is punishable or not. Even when the rules are changed, he will still find ways to land in that gray area. The reason I don't want him here, though, is that I believe he is a danger to this community, especially given it is full of minors. For some time, I used to believe I was good friends with him. We did share some opinions and ideas, but at a certain point, he began to manipulate me into helping him get what he wants. For example: he convinced me to be more relaxed than I should with rules on my server so he could exploit it by using racial and homophobic slurs. Fssp convinced me that one of my friends was having an anger problem when all the friend was doing was trying to call out fssp's wrongdoings. He continues to berate that friend to this day, even long after the fact. And when I finally stopped supporting him, the result was him threatening myself and my friend legally. It was an empty threat, but that is still honestly really toxic behavior. Every time I see him, he demonstrates this sort of "predatorial" behavior (not sexually) of making friends with then exploiting people. What do you think is going on with that forum he runs? Honestly, I suspect it's the same thing, but he has more control over it since he can make things appear different from what they really are and create alts at will.

I would not normally say this but I believe he should be silently removed from the server. The last thing you want to have with him is a public argument over his behavior. Every single time it has happened in the past it causes unnecessary drama, and it's a losing battle regardless if we decide he should be banned or not, since it's almost certain it'll cause his goons to attack the community.

• I'm going to lock this now and suggest if people do have evidence that fssp or anyone else has violated our community guidelines that they report it to Steven.

While my personal view on fssp is no secret, I've also tried to avoid stirring the pot too much and while I don't agree with him holding titles such as MB given his behaviour I haven't seen anything significant to warrent his removal.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK