Disallow voting on polls if your account is new.

• I raised this concern I had on the old flarum forums, and no solution was found and it was lost when Seth deleted the forum.

New accounts should definitely not be allowed to vote on pretty much any poll. The fact that we also use public voting for a majority of our decisions such as forum staff positions, exec approvals, and server additions should also concern you. I don't really think I need to explain why this shouldn't be a thing.

Im fairly certain this was a feature on proboards, because as forum admins could see who voted on polls, I regularly checked and newly created accounts never voted on polls. If there is not an extension, or a fix, we should really refrain from continuing to use flarum polls.

• As I had stated on the deleted forum, this was not a thing on ProBoards. Rather, restricted registration was enabled, which means all accounts had to be manually approved by a forum staff member before being able to participate in threads and polls.

As for the suggestion, there is no way to configure this with the extension we are currently using for polls.

• @zeseryu#2867 No, and there probably never will be... It's why we disallowed OP's to vote on the ownership process when it was originally written as there is no real way to tell the difference between a player that's only just bothered to register on the forums despite being active in game, and you who want to rig a vote... It's why voting on these things anyway is not a sensible or sustainable pattern imo

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Given we're looking to move forums in the coming months, and it's not currently technically possible I'm going to decline this suggestion, and would suggest it's re-raised as part of the design and testing of the new forums.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK