Invalid link in TotalFreedom message

• Date and Time (please include the timezone):
    1:45 PM UTC

Describe the bug or exploit:

The Server Conduct Policy has been replaced by the Community Guidelines. However, TotalFreedom messages continue to link readers to the (now no longer in effect) Conduct Policy.

Plugin(s) impacted:
    NetworkManager.

Expected behaviour (if known):
    The link should be "https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/2961-totalfr…nity-guidelines".

Step to reproduce:

1. Join a server.
    2. Wait.

Server where the bug occurred:
    Hub-03, but it can likely be reproduced on any other server.

Can the bug or exploit be reproduced on another server within the network?
    Maybe.

@'r00t' Plugin(s) impacted:
    Unknown

this originally used TFM, but now uses NetworkManager so that they are broadcast to every server in the network.

also what's up with the full links in chat? we have tf.fo, we could just use it as a redirect like https://tf.fo/conduct.
    or better yet maybe the message itself could be a clickable link

p.s. please add SSL to tf.fo

@'FT ' also what’s up with the full links in chat? we have tf.fo, we could just use it as a redirect like https://tf.fo/conduct.

Because we don't use tf.fo at the moment as anything other than a re-direct for the MC client. We probably could set it up as a link re-direct setup but I also want to move a lot of this stuff to the website when we build it, so haven't really put any effort into any tactical solutions.

@'FT ' or better yet make a click event on the word “here” to go to the short link.

I doubt the NM Announcement system supports that, but will find out.

@'FT ' p.s. please add SSL to tf.fo

It shouldn't resolve in a web browser at all... It should just take you to the bungee in game... Not sure what there is to put SSL / TLS Against given there is no web server behind it afaik.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@'Ryan' I also want to move a lot of this stuff to the website when we build it

as in something like https://totalfreedom.me/conduct?

@'Ryan' I doubt the NM Announcement system supports that, but will find out.

this is a tiny bit off-topic, but is there any chance of announcements going back to being handled by TFM? i suppose that might require the other servers to run a stripped-down TFM stand-in, which doesn't exist atm. i'm trying to consider how we might want to extend broadcasts in the future, like the holiday message integration.

@'Ryan' It shouldn’t resolve in a web browser at all… It should just take you to the bungee in game… Not sure what there is to put SSL / TLS Against given there is no web server behind it afaik.

that part of my message was mostly because Firefox has integrated HTTPS Everywhere functionality, so it doesn't like to load insecure pages without user confirmation. if there's no plans to make use of the site, no problem there.

@'FT ' as in something like https://totalfreedom.me/conduct?

Probably, I need to figure the details out but yes, I would expect something like that in the long term. No reason we couldn't use tf.fo as short links, it's just not something I'd thought of.

@'FT ' this is a tiny bit off-topic, but is there any chance of announcements going back to being handled by TFM? i suppose that might require the other servers to run a stripped-down TFM stand-in, which doesn’t exist atm. i’m trying to consider how we might want to extend broadcasts in the future, like the holiday message integration.

Due to the serious lack of developer availability, I'm trying to move away from TFM where I can, this is one of the areas it made a lot of sense to do so. NM has an integrated system that was functionally more or less identical to TFM's with the ability for it to be cross-network. I'm not sure what you mean by "Holiday message integration" though and AFAIK they're just custom announcements...

@'FT ' that part of my message was mostly because Firefox has integrated HTTPS Everywhere functionality, so it doesn’t like to load insecure pages without user confirmation. if there’s no plans to make use of the site, no problem there.

Yeah so generally on any ATLAS / ATLAS Project site we enable HSTS anyway and have TLS as standard, the only exceptions so far are on the things where TLS just isn't supported or weren't able to be easily done (Like Plan which is on my to-do list for TLS Support).

Wild1145

@'Ryan' I’m trying to move away from TFM where I can, this is one of the areas it made a lot of sense to do so.

@'Ryan' I’m not sure what you mean by “Holiday message integration” though and AFAIK they’re just custom announcements…

tab messages, hub decorations, and other changes are planned to change more often for significant events, and some of that will be handled by plugins automatically. i am only thinking ahead - if NM doesn't allow for the extensibility that we might want at some point regarding announcements, this is a good time to plan ahead.

• @'FT ' So most of that is done manually anyway. Tab messages, MOTD, Announcements and all that sort of stuff is all handled already in NM.

The answer atm is we want to push as much stuff to NM as we can as config, and if we need new features we get feature requests in with the developer who tends to be reasonably responsive to these sorts of things, makes more sense than adding it to the huge backlog of dev tasks and allows Steven to use the development team to improve the Freedom gamemode as a focus.

Wild1145