Admin conduct outside tf

•   Ivan The policy was reviewed and made significantly less restrictive when I took over.

My general rule continues to apply. If you want to go shit on another server make sure the server owner / staff don't come and grass you up. If the eao or more senior has to care then you've fucked up.

The policy does need clarifying because it does apply to MBs and other similar ranks but that is not super clear.

The suspension here is fair, the dude shat in our front yard and didn't do a good job of hiding it.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@'Ryan' If the eao or more senior has to care then you’ve fucked up.

They only have to care because of the policy…? What part am I missing here

@'Ryan' If you want to go shit on another server make sure the server owner / staff don’t come and grass you up.

Yeah, that’s why you get a punishment on their server. The point that I am making is the player was already punished on that server and shouldn’t be punished on here. The point you are trying to make is that an admin owns the server he committed the offense on, which apparently gives probable cause to suspend him. Just because an admin owns a server that another admin goes onto does not mean and should not mean they automatically have to represent TF. And another point is that admins really shouldn’t be representatives on other servers UNLESS they are associated.

@'Ryan' The policy does need clarifying because it does apply to MBs and other similar ranks but that is not super clear.

The policy should be changed to include associated servers only.

@'Ryan' The suspension here is fair, the dude shat in our front yard and didn’t do a good job of hiding it.

No, he committed an offense on another server and the owner wasn’t happy and shamed him on this server, and your staff acted upon it. This harmed his reputation as an admin and his reinstatement as a Master Builder

• If what he did is suspendable, then what Panther did (crash tf and ban evade hundreds of times) is permabannable, and he should never be considered for any admin position much less executive. But what he didn't is not something that should be suspendable, because it happened on a server that is not associated with tf.

Dumb move video.

•   @zekurt As I've said before. I'm not re hashing punishments from before my time, and I'm not re judging them.

People are allowed second chances, but they need to be held to account based on the rules of today.

Wild1145

•   Ivan You're arguing over the details of a policy... I've explained why the policy exists twice now and I have no intention of changing it. It's pretty simple, if you're an admin on here and want to attack another server either don't get caught or don't make it easy for their admin team to come complain to me, because then I have to care and then I will apply sanctions.

Likewise associated or not, we've had more than a few occasions where admins target other servers and then we end up with that server retaliation and attacking us.

Wild1145

• I've split this thread out because it has nothing to do with the original suspension.

The policy is in place and applies here.

What other people have done in the past is irrelevant.

Stop trying to throw other people under the bus for unrelated things... It's not a good look.

Locked.

Wild1145