jwmphall - Suspension

• After receiving reports of jwmphall's misconduct on Darkstone (a server belonging to an admin), I have made the decision to temporarily suspend him from his administrative status for a week.

To quote Ryan on this thread:

As a general rule of thumb, I and the executive's will not get involved in anything you do on another platform unless a report is made against you to suggest you have been acting in a way which would be deemed inappropriate as a representative of this server and community, something you are by taking on a position of responsibility on this server.
    I will also clarify, I am not expecting admins to uphold our full conduct policy off-server, however I do expect them to apply common sense, and remember that there are lines which really need not be crossed.

jwmphall my actions there should not reflect me on totalfreedom.

This ceased to be the case when you became an administrator (and thus, a role model and a representative of this community) again.

image.png

•   enchy And this results in a suspension... why?

I mean one I kind of find it dumb that admins always have to "represent" TF, a server themed on OP-based permissions, and two like why wasn't he just punished on that server? Why did it have to result to a suspension on TF?

If Darkstone was associated, this would make sense, as it would be a no-brainer to have to represent TF. However, per the current Associated Communities, Darkstone is not associated and therefore rules broken on Darkstone should be handled on Darkstone, not transition over to TF.

•   Ivan Think the main issue with this was common sense - it's common sense not to go to another admin's server and grief it just to wind them up, associated community or not.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   Ivan The problem is that Panther made it public by complaining and exposing his action in TF's server chat while jwmphall dowplayed the severity of breaking rules. His reputation as an admin has been damaged and, I believe, if no actions were taken, the whole team's reputation could have been in jeopardy.

Should they have tried resolving the question in private before using the community as a popular jury? I think so.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• The part about this that makes it suspendable to me is the fact that there was absolutely no need nor reasoning to do it, and the fact that he did it knowing that it was against the rules set on that server. Why should we expect our playerbase to follow the rules on the server we're working on when the only thing preventing the staff from behaving badly is the fact that they are staff?

As for why I decided to post it publicly, it's because I believed this would likely end up having no consequences at all. I may have published it in a more casual way than I should have, but I wanted people to be able to formulate their own opinions based off of that behavior.

• Apologies for being late here.

The suspension has ended, and jwmphall has been re-added to his roles.

Due to the way the tf bot works, you'll have to add yourself back to admin via discord, with
    tf!ac saconfig add jwmphall

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.