Build TotalFreedomMod with the Paper API going forward

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I think I looked at this a while back as a 10 min job and found tfm required quite a lot of changes at the time to make this work.

I'd so say for future compatability and flexibility building against the upstream api makes a lot more sense than picking a lesser used downstream one. Your numbers I don't doubt but I think you missed the part where any paper server is still using spigot as a base so they are cumulative rather than not.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• We already are using PaperLib for some certain things like async teleportation as you mentioned. Gonna be an object from me because you haven't cited any raw data or what specific functions are slowing down tfm that is specifically spigots fault. Plus spigot has the advantage of being able to get updates out faster rather than waiting for an additional fork. If you can show specifically where performance would be improved then go ahead.

• Moved to Freedom game-mode suggestions as TFM is only ran on the Freedom game-mode.

Wild1145

• Again the OP deleted their post.

I am 99% sure this actually is done, however given I can't read the original description I will decline the suggestion as it stands, I'm happy for it to be re-suggested.

Wild1145