jwmphall MB reinstatement

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

jwmphall my actions there should not reflect me on totalfreedom

https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/300-admin-co…of-totalfreedom

While this isn't an admin application, I personally think what was stated there should apply to masterbuilders. Frankly I don't give a shit if you reinstate to mb or not as the role itself has kinda turned into a complete joke, just pointing out that yes, your conduct on other servers do apply to your reputation as a member here

•   Panther What does that have to do with anything? No one cares about your shitty server, you've crashed TF in the past on numerous occasions; that's far more disqualifying than whatever this guy did.

•   @zekurt Something that happened years ago and has been resolved is far more disqualifying than this, which happened literally yesterday and directly goes against the premise of being a "master builder?" Are you kidding me? I don't care what server it is, he griefed builds. Why do you think someone who does that should immediately after earn a rank for their building abilities?

•   Panther Yeah. Crashing the server probably hundreds of times, and evading bans hundreds of times, is more disqualifying than griefing a server that is completely unrelated. The major difference is, one of these is against the rules. Like I said, literally no one cares about your server. His building ability has nothing to do with his (based?) griefing of your server. Vote based off of his actual skill, not something unrelated.

• I was not aware that one’s building ability is affected by whether they joined a deserted server and griefed.

That being said it is very unprofessional on your part and I would not expect it from an admin, and so your conduct here will be brought up privately.

I vouch for your reinstatement of master builder because you can build quite beautifully, and that is all this title requires.

• i vouch because its kind of like yeah sure jwmp you're a dick but luke is not bothered by what happens on other servers because ultimately it doesn't break the rules here

@"Panther"#54 lets say tomorrow I got banned from EsoTalk for rational thinking. would you then object on my reinstatement because my conduct outside of TF is too bad? If not, why is it fair to object here? Because it was your server?

I'm not against the idea of a policy being introduced akin to the admin outside conduct thing but at the moment that doesn't exist and frankly I'm not one for enforcing nonexistent rules.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   Luke That's a nonsensical analogy. I have seen master builders get suspended for conduct issues (especially grief related ones) in the past, thus I objected. I didn't object because of a personal grudge or because it was my server and not someone else's. There actually is a policy that warns admins about outside conduct and I believe it was used to justify his suspension.

•   Luke Didn't mention that to argue that my objection was based on the policy. I am fairly sure that miwojedk was removed from MB for allegedly griefing in the adminworld in the past. That occurred on TF, but in this case the behavior is the same.

•   Panther i do actually understand where you're coming from. Precedent has dictated this is how things should be. However miwojedk was removed from MB because a certain spineless individual lied, when in actuality miwo only removed his own builds and also this was under Seth not Ryan.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   Luke It's true that it turned out it didn't actually happen, but the basis of the punishment was still intended to be the same behavior as it is here.

•   Panther Still the same difference, that was against the rules, this is not. And they're not at all comparable, the admin world is a beloved part of this server; your server is not. In terms of behaviour, it's the difference between going rogue in an insane way vs being a dick on a foreign server.

•   @zekurt You are continuing to ignore the fact that this happened yesterday rather than years ago. And the rules aren't even what's in question here, it's the higher standards of conduct we expect from admins, and as stated by the owner, MBs as well.

•   Panther You are ignoring that you went in direct violation of this servers interest for a long time. Just because you 'changed' somewhere along the line doesn't mean your actions can't be brought up or held accountable. I think admins and executives should be held in higher standard, so I don't think you should be an executive. But that's not up for me to choose, so I digress. What happened yesterday doesn't matter because I don't think what happened is bad in the context of tf. I don't care what Wild says, I don't think he should be owner, so I won't vote in obedience to what he wants. I'm not trying to change your vote, but your reasoning is bad.