Current Progress towards new plots server

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Further to the previous threads on the plots server, I wanted to give a bit of a status update.

We're currently working towards the plan as discussed in this thread - https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/2393-plot-wo…-input-required

Right now the work is happening to get the development server (dev-plots-01, so nothing to do with the Freedom dev server) into a state where we're happy with it and that the plugins all play nice and config is as it should be, then we can start getting the live server up and running.

Right now this is the state of things:

Plugins:

• Essentials
    • Essentials Spawn
    • Essentials Discord
    • FastAsyncWorldEdit
    • PlotSquared

We will need to add NetworkManager, Plan, CoreProtect (Or alternative) and providing FAWE plays nice with CoreProtect or whatever we do end up using in it's place, we'll then add goBrush & goPaint. I haven't yet had a chance to look at VoxelSniper so not 100% sure if that'll end up making the cut or not but I'm hoping it'll play nice with the other plugins and perms.

Spec / Other Details

• Initial plan will be to have a large 3 x 3 set of plots serving as the spawn (Merged) where folks will load into. This will be in the 0,0 plot (Well, effectively).
    • The next 2 "Rings" around it will be made up of MB Builds. Both these builds and the spawn have been formally tasked on the ECD to coordinate and get back to me on.
    • The plots will be 25 x 25, this seemed to work as a reasonably size, and means merging plots shouldn't end up with too dramatic a figure.
    • I'm currently working on the world border, it looks like it might not be perfect due to the "Dynamic" way that PlotSquared offers is absolutely naff, but we're looking at initially offering an 18 x 18 grid of Plots, with 49 of those being used for spawn and MB Showcasing. The remaining 275 plots I expect to be enough for the initial go-live, we will be able to increase the world-border as appropriate if we start to run low on plots.

For an idea on the layout I was talking about with the "Rings" of MB Builds, see this diagram (Doesn't show the full 18 x 18 grid, just the centre out for a bit)

There is still quite a lot of detail to work out, if you have general feedback for the plots server I'd ask you to post it here: https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/2393-plot-wo…-input-required

And there are two specific threads that I would appreciate the communities input on:

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   StevenNL2000 I would argue some form of block logging should stick around for the regular run of the mill griefing. It still happens on plotworld servers when someone adds the wrong player to their plot and it gets griefed. Would definitely be more commonplace if it wasn't logged as well.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   StevenNL2000 I would assume so given people can add othrr folks to their plots, griefing can happen. Its always better to be prepared than be caught short without the plugin and you can't fix the grief. It also can be useful to help identify lag machines since you can look up when redstone was placed, etc. as well.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

•   StevenNL2000 I'm currently looking at the best way to handle it, I suspect it'll be CoreProtect along side FAWE's logging capability, but am still doing research to find the best hybrid approach.

Wild1145

•   Telesphoreo Yeah, my current guess is we'll have to use CoreProtect / similar for "Manual" block changes, and FAWE's built in one for FAWE related changes. Far from ideal but I'm not sure there's a better option, FAWE is something that we really do need if we can get it.

I will look to see if there is other patterns out there, but so far the only thing I can find is "Use the FAWE Native one or it's a big fat no"

Wild1145