[FEEDBACK REQUEST] Plots - Plot World Aesthetic

• The most important thread of the century... We need to decide what block aesthetic we're going to use.

It's worth noting the plot server will start at 1.17.x so any 1.17 blocks are fair game to use. I'm happy to mix and match suggestions, so partial answers are okay as well.

1 - The top layer
    2 - The Walls outside your plot underground
    3 - The "Filling" of your plot
    4 - The road surface
    5 - Plot Border (One block for claimed, one for un-claimed)

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I think it would be a breath of fresh air if we used more classic minecraft blocks. Implementing these fancy new 1.17 blocks look cool, but only makes our server look even more generic compared to the hundreds of other servers that are just like us. Considering that totalfreedom was made during the classic era of minecraft, i think it would be cool if we approached a redesign taking that into account

• I'd suggest the good ole'

Code
    Plot top layer: Grass  
    Plot walls: Stone  
    Plot fill: Stone  
    Plotworld road: Bricks  
    Claimed border: Smooth stone slabs  
    Unclaimed border: Oak wood slabs  

Otherwise, if you'd like to use new blocks:

Code
    Plot top layer: Moss blocks  
    Plot walls: Deepslate  
    Plot fill: Deepslate  
    Plotworld road: Deepslate bricks  
    Claimed border: Deepslate tile slabs  
    Unclaimed border: Copper slabs  

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

• 1: keep the grass, what else are you gonna put, sponge?
    2: ye keeps it smooth with 5 and no clashing with 3, stay with stone
    3: normal vanilla landscape (grass then stone), no need to change it
    4: i feel like the deepslate doesnt stand out enough, its kinda dull, honestly birch planks would be interesting to see, of not that then quartz/smooth quartz (if not those then some white/tan block to break up the colors)
    5: yeye smooth with 2 and 3, keep the stone slab

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• Official Post

With this now launching as a 1.20 server rather than anything else, I'm re-bumping this to allow new discussion given new block availability.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• If I am not mistaken, we can customize how the roads look by using our own custom schematic of the road, no? If that is not something too technically difficult to achieve, maybe that can add our own special flare to the plots.

For reference if anyone would like to suggest or make a pattern to contribute, the plots themselves will be 25 blocks squared (25x25). The width of roads should be configurable.

C'est la vie

• I wonder if the crossroads could have a "TF" on them. Would have to be fairly small to prevent the roads being too wide, but might be doable.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• I wonder if the crossroads could have a "TF" on them. Would have to be fairly small to prevent the roads being too wide, but might be doable.

I think that would look terrible if every single crossroads had that

On this note ill be back home for a few days and I've been itching to do some building so I'll wip up some road designs

• lyicx July 31, 2023 at 10:15 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “[FEEDBACK REQUEST] Plots - Plot World Asthetic ” to “[FEEDBACK REQUEST] Plots - Plot World Aesthetic”.