[FEEDBACK REQUEST] Plots - Plot Height

• Slightly specific one, but figure I may as well ask and get this right.

I've had a look at the config, and it looks like we currently use the "Default" plot height, which is 62 blocks tall, plus the grass topper (With the very bottom block being bedrock).

For the new plots server that I'm currently getting working, I've already removed the bedrock at the bottom, as I'm aware folks wanted not to be constrained by that, and I think we had some permissions issue.

My question to you all, is a height of 62 for "Ground level" reasonable? Would you like it higher, or lower or to stay exactly as is on defaults?

Feedback appreciated sooner rather than later!

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I'd personally go lower. Players are more likely going to build above their plot than they are going to dig underground. Somewhere 30-50 sounds nice to me.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

erin Players are more likely going to build above their plot than they are going to dig underground

me when

! most of my builds are literally underground in plotworld

anyway i'd say around 63-62 (current plotworld is at 63, the grass blocks are at 62)

• With 1.18 changing world heights, I'd suggest matching it using configs. As for the grass height, I'd also suggest 62 as it's considered the sea level.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

• Sorry I'll clarify.

I'm only really looking here to decide where the grass height is. It's default is 62, my question is do people want it higher / lower and if so to what figure.

Wild1145

•   jwmphall No, this is the global setting. You can obviously sort of modify this for your plot, but this is about setting what the global "Sea Level" as it were would be. It's basically how many blocks from bedrock up should the roads be and therefore the default for plots.

And also no, there's no scope to customise the plugins here, we haven't got dev capacity and it's not really a pattern we want to adopt if we can help it, the point of this is to make less development not more :)

Wild1145

• if we have the ability to destroy the bedrock at the bottom of the plot, the plot hight should 100% be an odd number, doesn't matter how big, as long as it's odd, because otherwise it's impossible to have a 1 block center point, which makes symmetry really fucking annoying

•   jwmphall That would look very odd because setting it above the default it would essentially place a massive tower of dirt on your plot, obstructing the view of everything around it. However, if that's what you want, you don't need a dedicated command for it because you have WorldEdit.

DragonSlayer2189 Are you sure you are talking about height? Builds are almost never horizontally symmetric.

• 40 or 50, preferably matching flatlands height and ending in a nice round 0 as others have mentioned

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• This, in the grand scheme of things, really does not make any difference. Even less so if you're good enough at building. I personally think that the default height is fine, but I think Dragon's opinion does add an extremely niche QoL.

I do have to ask, will we be able to build for the full build limit in a Minecraft world? (from Y-level 320 until -64)

C'est la vie