Suggestion Posting Guide (November 2021)

• Suggestions are ideas that are put forward to benefit TotalFreedom's various platforms. The benefit of suggestions is that it gives the community the chance to give ideas they have, from the Freedom Game-mode to our Website. Suggestions have been a large part of our community for many years.

Suggestions are not the same as bug reports - to file a bug report please click here.

The creation of this thread is due to recent suggestions lacking detail or not following the usual format. I've made this guide as there aren't any available right now.

How do I make a suggestion?

1) Click the 'Start a Discussion' button in the top left:

2) Click the 'Choose Tags' button. Select 'Suggestions', highlighted below:

3) Select the platform that your suggestion is for:

If you are suggesting an idea for something on 2 or more platforms, select the 'Multi-Platform / Other' option.

4) Name your suggestion. To make a good suggestion name, just simplify your suggestion into your title. To do this, take the subject of your suggestion out, such as commands or guilds, and use it in your title. An example of a suggestion title is 'Add a mod system to guilds'

5) It's time to write your suggestion. You can do this however you want - some like to write a big paragraph, whilst others like to write 3-4 paragraphs. Include benefits, why you want your suggestion to go through and how your suggestion will work. You don't need any coding knowledge.

An example for the suggestion named in Step 4:

Code
    This suggestion is to add a moderator system to guilds. A benefit of having a mod system for guilds is that if a guild owner goes inactive, the moderators can still manage the guild. The system will have four commands:  

/g addmod - add a moderator to the guild  
    /g ban - ban someone from the guild  
    /g kick - kick someone from the guild  
    /g removemod - remove a moderator from the guild  

Guild Moderators will be chosen by the guild owner. Thoughts?  

I've posted my suggestion, what happens now?

Once you've posted your suggestion, don't expect an outcome instantly. Suggestions can take days to weeks to get accepted, and months to get developed. After posting a suggestion, a Jira ticket will most likely be opened by Wild1145, the owner. Jira is a project management tool, currently used by our developers. To find more information, such as tracking your ticket, click here.

Do's and Dont's

Do:

• Include detail in your suggestion
    • Respond to voters that have other opinions in a calm manner
    • Follow the forum guidelines

Don't:

• Make a poll on your suggestion
    • Respond to ALL replies
    • Make 'multiple suggestion' threads

I hope this guide has helped you. If I've missed anything, please post a reply below.