allow displaying items, inventory, etc in chat

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I will think about this, but the "copy any items displayed in chat by disabling their internet connection and quickly saving the item(s)" rubbed me wrongly. Some items on here are only given trust by certain individuals, if the person that is trusted gives it to another person and that person leaks it, anyone could have access to said items such as the crash lanterns.
    Is there any way to fix that copy problem?

Guess we'll just have to trust the individuals with the items to not leak them. Vouch

ketchup aX0Qxn3.png

• This would be interesting to see, my main concern is the whole sharing of crash items thing. Not to mention i dont know how this would react with things like vulnerability patcher, ill look more into it when i get home so i can go on another rant about technicalities like I usually do. But i really hope I dont have too as i like my first glance.

Vouch for now

Edit: Well, for once this nbt related suggestion doesnt look too bad, my initial worries still stand and im curious to see what displaying an oversized item (something like book bans) would do, I'm hoping the answer isnt kick everyone.

I imagine the main thing were looking at in this suggestion is the inv sharing commands allowing people to share a held item, an entire inventory, or an echest. I think these are cool things and should be encouraged. So long as the downsides arent big enough to warrant otherwise.

When it comes to the sharing of exploits, ive realized people are gonna do it one way or another. And since this needs the player currently owning the item to display it in chat, blame for spreading exploits is immediately given to said person.

When it comes to what miasmus said about people utilizing lag switches to steal items, that works with /invsee anyway and besides that there are mods to steal items much more effectively and even ways to get peoples ender chests

• vouch.
    as for anyone concerned about copying items, many clients out there already give you the ability to copy items from things like /invsee, I don't see how this would be much different

• User deleted original suggestion and edited the post, so have no idea what this was supposed to be so will close as declined.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK