Suggestion From Anas

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Sug = Suggestion # = number
    ihave some suggestion But iwell try to be clear here
    Suggestion #1
    Creat a Real SMP Server instead of that skyblock thing Lettrally only me Was playing then Left
    suggestion #2
    upgrade the servers lettraly if i was right you suck up all the servers in one Host
    Create multi Hosts & Upgrade the memory
    Sug 3 (Fourm)
    Update fourms skin that would be cooll
    sug 4 (Fourm)
    list totalfreedom Players & currently online & banned & Etc
    sugg 5 (Fourm)
    Put discord links sociall mediiaa links other info in fourms so pepol caan ffind there wway

• Please split these into multiple suggestions because it's impossible to actually talk about these on a single thread, not to mention the fact some of these are duplicates.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Can we not clown this guy for his English?

It’s clearly not his first language and it’s fucking atrocious it’s the admins doing it.

Edit - I am thankful the admin this was intended for saw it and deleted their post. Lets try and welcome people rather than blatantly clown them :)

• Time for an actual response.

As others have explained the first one is already an open thread which you can comment on.

@'Anes' upgrade the servers lettraly if i was right you suck up all the servers in one Host

From what I've noticed anyways, server performance is usually fine. I don't think it's something we need to look at too closely. Obviously more memory and more powerful hosting (I don't understand this stuff at all) is better, I don't think it's in our list of priorities.

@'Anes' Update fourms skin that would be cooll

Do you mean like the appearance? I don't think flaurm allows for that, but we have a lighter mode if you want to see a brighter display of the forum.

@'Anes' list totalfreedom Players & currently online & banned & Etc

Having a total player list on the forum would not be a bad idea. The trouble is, flarum would probably not support it to well and I am really against the idea of a public list of banned players for all to see. Being banned from the server is enough punishment without making sure everyone in the community knows it.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

@'Anes' Creat a Real SMP Server instead of that skyblock thing Lettrally only me Was playing then Left

aren't you meant to be permbanned right now? i don't see an approved appeal for you..

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

@'Anes' Suggestion #1
    Creat a Real SMP Server instead of that skyblock thing Lettrally only me Was playing then Left

I Vouch, skyblock needs to go and be replaced with something people actually would want to play on, especially since it's incredibly dead and unpopular since day 1. It's also kind of disappointing skyblock isn't even linked in the hub. Gives the impression it's simply a separate entity with 'TF Branding.'

@'Anes'suggestion #2
    upgrade the servers lettraly if i was right you suck up all the servers in one Host

The server performance is generally fine other than the select isolated incidents when a player decides to crash it with 100's of minecarts... The server is also on several machines linked by bungeecord so that is already a thing.

@'Anes' suggestion #2 Update fourms skin that would be cool

As far as I know, flarum is very limited in customisations so this is not possible. The ideal solution would be to replace it with better software which could allow more customisation given how garbage flarum is in general.

@'Anes' suggestion #4 list totalfreedom Players & currently online & banned & Etc

Flarum doesn't support this and it's not really necessary, to begin with.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Suggestion #1
    Duplicate of this thread, I will vote there instead (if I do)

Suggestion #2
    Object, upgrading the server is not a substitute for unoptimized software. No matter how much you upgrade, you cannot be 100% immune from bad actors who intentionally lag and/or crash the server. Also, more memory does not necessary contribute to more performance. Benchmarks have shown that, unless you're constantly using like 80% or more RAM, there is little to no change in performance when you have more RAM.

Suggestion #3
    Object, I like the default skin. Simple, but that's why I like it. People should learn that just because something is more complex, it does not automatically mean that it's better. Themes can make it harder to use the forum because of how the theme is designed and can make certain elements harder to see. Software should be easy to use.

Suggestion #4
    Vouch, I like transparency, even if it's little things like this.

Suggestion #5
    Vouch, people shouldn't have to waste hours just to find a specific link that they want.

Alco_Rs11 flarum is very limited in customisations so this is not possible. The ideal solution would be to replace it with better software which could allow more customisation given how garbage flarum is in general.

If Ryan knew how to utilize Flarum's API, you will know the true power and the true customizability of Flarum. Plus, every single Flarum extension that exists is only possible thanks to its API because they're built on top of Flarum's API.

•   characterslimits

1. We need devs that we currently don't have
    2. Adding plugins wasn't in the plan as we had already started migration process to WotLab but was eventually stopped.
      Also we need to reinstall Flarum's frontend starting from a stable version as using a beta one at first introduced bugs we still have for some reason.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager