Freedom Gamemode - Ownership Update

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Hi Folks,

As part of my returning to being a little bit more active on TF, I'm pleased to announce that we're making some changes to the way the Freedom game-mode will be owned going forward, and by extention how the networks responsibilities is going to run.

I'm pleased to announce that with immediate affect @"StevenNL2000"#2 will be taking on the position of Freedom Game-Mode Owner.

This in short will mean that Steven will take over all of the ownership responsibilities for the Freedom Gamemode, including (Though this is not an exhaustive list) it's updates, policies, executives, community and all other aspects relating to the Freedom game mode within the TF Network.

I will continue in my position as overall owner of the network as a whole, and will continue looking after the forums, website, hubs, bungee and anything else that is across multiple game modes. This change will also free my time up to start working on new game modes that I'm interested in launching into the network and ultimately gives me some time back that I currently really need, while ensuring the community as a whole is left in safe hands.

We've not worked through every possible question and answer that might come up, and exactly where the lines in the sand will be drawn are being worked through, but as a general rule of thumb if it has something to do with the Freedom game mode on the network, that's now Steven's responsibility, if it's something shared or new it's probably with me.

I've also put this into a bit of a diagram as the roles and responsibilities haven't been super clear and I'm hoping this will help answer some questions that you might have:

Please all join me in congratulating Steven on his new role within our community :)

FAQ:

How does this impact the ownership policy:
    The intention is the ownership policy will be slightly re-scoped to only include the Freedom game mode (As it was originally designed for that), this way it gives some teeth back to the policy and empowers the community in the event they feel they need it.

How do executives work?
    In short, no different to how it does today, just with Steven having the authority to create / remove / update the Executive positions as defined in the executive policy.

Will Steven continue as Executive Ban Manager?
    I understand that for the time being at least Steven will continue on in that role, if he chooses to delegate that in the future I'm sure an announcement will be made.

Who's hosting the servers?
    I will continue to be hosting all of the servers and services related to the TF Network as a whole

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• The fact two of you liked this within 30 seconds of it going live is reassuring that you read it...

Wild1145

• @'Ryan'   Paldiu me too ;P

I'm excited by this appointment, frees up your time a lot more and I look forward to working with Steven more closely in the near future.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   Telesphoreo Was more of the "Instant like". I think I posted it and by the time I had got back to the forums home page it had 2 likes. Just made me laugh.

Wild1145

FromTimeToTime assuming you intend to stop hosting tf, and not everyone trusts the next host, i think that a new policy should give executives the power to oust a host. seeing as you are the new domain/cloudflare controller, that doesn’t and can’t apply to you, but it would for a future host who is initially given your blessing but later acts against our best interests.

Not going to lie to you here bro i don't think we're going to have another host. Only way I see ryan leaving is through ragequitting meaning nobody else would get the host.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   FromTimeToTime I think it'd be easier for the freedom server owner to move the server elsewhere. Question is, how much power is the network owner supposed to have over the single game modes? Can they veto server owners' decisions?

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager