image for covid debate/continuation of covid debate

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  •   SuperRyn my god.. this image.. it hurts....

Coronaviruses are a family of viruses. They are most known for being responsible for giving you the common cold.

NCov-19 is a coronavirus. It is also referred to as the coronavirus mainly by the media and stuff. It is correct, it's just very broad - for example, the biological family of humans contains gorillas and chipanzees.

Coronaviruses cause general respiratory infection in humans. That's why COVID-19, Influenza and the Common Cold all have very similar symptoms - it's because they're all from the same biological family and all have similar pathological effects with different severities due to their biological quirks.

Here's an example of a coronavirus, with the rather distinctive spike proteins.

That book you're quoting is just correctly using an example of the common cold as a disease which commonly arises from a coronavirus (although Rhinoviruses can also cause it). It doesn't actually substantiate any point you might possibly have, it just shows that you haven't properly learned this topic.

Rant over.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• alright so

testicle cancer is a form of cancer that can be fatal but often be treated if caught early, the majority of people survive, et cetera. lung cancer however is a form of cancer that can be fatal and is the most deadly form of cancer. However, lung cancer and testicular cancer are not the same thing, they have different mortality rates and the only similarity is that they are both cancers. obviously, you can find more similarities but still they cannot necessarily be compared in the same way. you do not say "you will survive lung cancer because studies show x amount of people survive testicular cancer"

in the same strand, the common cold is a coronavirus, as is COVID-19. however, the common cold is not nearly as fatal as COVID-19. neither is the flu. there is a stark difference between them. like testicular and lung cancer, there is a difference between the two and they cannot be compared in that regard.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• COVID-19 should not be downplayed by comparing it to the common cold. I have never seen an instance of the common cold send a member of my family to the hospital. COVID-19 did shortly after one of my family members caught it. I don't remember losing my sense of taste after catching the common cold, but when I caught COVID-19 I did.

image.png