Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • lets have a serious debate about cats and dogs.

I'll start
    I believe cats are supurrior because they're extremely cute and floofy.
    They also give off healing frequencies when they purr.

Endermatter Cat-Person with wings and Magic who follows the Cat Religion.

"Never Surrender."

• I like cats because they're independent - they don't really need you and can hunt and shit for themselves. It's a personal preference too but I like the way they have their own personal space a lot more than dogs and require less time to be put into them - don't need to walk the cats or pick up their shit - they go to the toilet in a nearby field and bury it themselves.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   NotPetya

RedEastWood

if you use an animal (a lower species then yourself) solely for protection, you can just buy a robot or roomba or get a gun or something.
    cats are way cooler, make less of a mess and are actually fun to have

• Alright boys lets take this step by step

Dogs are the epitome of friendship; they are cuddly, they love you unconditionally and they are incapable of evil. You could literally hit and slap one, kick one, stab one, and it'd still wag its tail when it sees you. It loves you no matter what. Be a saddo on Minecraft? Dog loves you. Insults StevenNL2000? Still loves you. Says the N word on esotalk? Dog. Loves. You. Literally no matter what you do, your dog will love you and will give you lots of pets, fusses, any other synonym of the word and they'd enjoy it. However, cats are the opposite. Slap a cat? Slaps you right back. Insult StevenNL2000? It would probably agree with you. Say the N word on esotalk? It'd make a post saying "Regarding x on esotalk" like a little pussy.

Next, lets talk fur. Dogs have this elegant coating of fur no matter what breed whereas you can find fucking monstrosities such as this. Furthermore, take any dog, sausage, poodle etc and I can guarantee you that you will not find too many dogs that look identical. However, you can find this basic bitch no matter where, literally that exact cat because it's that common. You won't find that with dogs, every dog is unique.

As well as this, dogs are overall more clever and put their intelligence to good use instead of being little shits. Teach a dog how to sit and it will sit to please you. Teach a cat to sit and it will sit at the most inconvenient time. Cats are also sly and shifty, for example my cat has used his intelligence to sneak into the kitchen, where he isn't allowed. Why? Literally no reason, he does it to annoy us I swear to fucking god he runs in, and runs right back out just to get into our heads like a little fucking bastard. My dog never used to do that, he would stare and he would be under our feet but he did that out of love. Fuck you Yoda, I hate you, and Ollie, I miss you.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• While i haven't had a dog, i would like to participate, but i havent seen any truly objective posts here, nothing explaining the benefits and drawbacks of both pets in detail.

Endermatter Cat-Person with wings and Magic who follows the Cat Religion.

"Never Surrender."

•   Luke white women moment.
    dogs are some of the filthiest animals alive, they will maul you to death or give you rabies if you don't get it from a dealer who breeds it with its own family. The fact you kept going on about "loves you unconditionally" really says a lot, with a cat you need to earn its respect, not "literally hit and slap one, kick one, stab one", the dog would love you just as much as he loves anyone else (meaning they don't really love you), while cats are your own cuddly thing.

Regarding your bs about "fur" there, there are so so many hairless dogs (see ![s](https://www.thesprucepets.com/thmb/ucpt4uM_t…0e4fe738a56.jpg)
    and "10 Best Hairless Dog Breeds". These dogs are very common and all look the same, and you find this thing
    in every garbage ally.

•   Alco_Rs11 I'm rather familiar with toxoplasmosis. It kills around 750 people per year, all of which seem to have an immunosuppressive condition or some sort, and 50% of the deaths are caused by people eating contaminated meat - which is the main way people are infected by the parasite.

It's actually estimated that there could be anywhere between 30-50% of the human population currently living with this parasite. Unless you have an underlying health condition, it can present no symptoms in most cases or very weak flu-like ones.

Like yeah, sure, the problem lies more with cats than with dogs, but you've been misleading in how you've presented it. You could realistically be dealing with that parasite as we speak as its main source of infection is from improperly prepared food (not cats) - but as I've said, it's relatively asymptomatic so most don't know they have it.

I could take a cheap jab at something back, but to be honest I've never really understood this debate. Both dogs and cats are lovely animals who deserve all of our love and affection. As someone who grew up around cats, I'm going to be more used to them. When I've been around other family members dogs, they're cute and loveable but I dislike the smell, and I personally dislike the way they can be a little overbearing at times.

Edit: you know what, here's my cheap dig.

Since we're talking about diseases which come from the animal (which usually isn't the animals fault anyway), let's talk about a much more well known case. 30 million people receive post bite rabies vaccines a year, infects (and kills, with a 100% fatality rate) 60,000 annually, and 99% of these cases in humans come from dog bites. While it's very much preventable, the post bite vaccinations cost $8.6 billion annually.

I'm not using that as an argument in favour of dogs, I'm just explaining why using the logic of a disease the animal can accidentally give you is poor and misguided. Console wars and OS wars are bad enough, let's not have petty pet wars.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.