Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Feel free to vent about anything you're having trouble with in your life here, or if you really just need to get something off your chest.
    And to all of you, i care about you and your well-being, i really do.

Endermatter Cat-Person with wings and Magic who follows the Cat Religion.

"Never Surrender."

• Been trying to quit smoking for the best part of a year, but it's been hard. That being said, I'm down to about 10 a day which is a slight improvement. Just need to quash that addiction.

I appreciate the support from everyone here though.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• my selected career has an extremely high barrier to entry regarding money. im passionate about it and talented but the first year it will cost around 60k, which can subsequently be drastically reduced if im successful. which means either debt or risk my college fund. trying to decide if thats worth it

• Every single day i just go "What is existence, why am i here, i know i'll eventually die, and all my work will eventually be gone, so whats the point?", and its genuinely taken a toll on my mental health. I genuinely cannot go an hour at work without having an existential crisis.

Endermatter Cat-Person with wings and Magic who follows the Cat Religion.

"Never Surrender."

• I've been stuck in a state of psychosis for a little over a month to the point where I'm legitimately concerned that I might be schizophrenic. It just keeps getting worse. I have never been so scared, lost, and confused in my entire life. I can no longer trust my own thoughts, and I can no longer tell what's real. I finally opened up to my school counsellor about it, and she told my parents about it and I'm going to see a psychologist very soon.

•   RedEastWood i usually dont indulge personal details but whatever. im crazy for this but racing car driver. i been good in karts for a while and have thousands of sim hours but still dont know if im willing to take the risk. a starter open wheel series in the states has the opportunity to sponsor your path to indy car or formula 2 if you win, but i have to pay 55k to enter the series to have the chance to win. my issue is the other kids (most in their teens like me) have professional training and a sky high budget from rich parents while my experience is largely self guided (im still good) and my spending cap is how much of my future im willing to put in jeopardy

•   jwmphall So what I would do (have been offered basketball scholarships in the US and have played pro games overseas), is try and find overseas race car leagues and completely dominate them. It’s what I did for about a year with basketball, and then I got scholarships because of that. If you are as good as you say you won’t have much difficulty competing overseas. I’m not sure how many overseas racing leagues there are, but there are sure to be a few. That way you can make somewhat of a name for yourself before coming back to the US and competing. Try European leagues and the middle east, I know a lot of people who’ve had successes there.

• How hard it is to find a job nowadays. Seriously, barely anyone reaches out to you, even if you're definitely qualified, the amount of responses is ridiculously tiny. They could at least send an email or something, but no. AND on top of that THEY KEEP SAYING THERE'S A FOCKING LABOUR SHORTAGE. Mate, this shit is crazy. Your chances of getting into an interview are very, very, VERY low.

•   iVacon part of that is that most job applications are first reviewed by a machine filter. most people don't get past that to begin with because, well, it's a computer following set parameters and is not capable of seeing past those parameters.

and the labor shortage thing is bullshit -- the reason why there's a labor shortage ain't because people "don't want to work" -- it's because people ain't getting paid enough and said people are fed up with it and striking until they actually get paid an amount that let's them live w/o working 2-3 extra jobs

1gaah.png