Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • State an opinion you have that would be extremely controversial.
    Also, given the topic of this thread, i really shouldn't have to say this but this isn't twitter, Please do not cancel people over their opinions.

Endermatter Cat-Person with wings and Magic who follows the Cat Religion.

"Never Surrender."

• Gentoo Linux is garbage. Imagine having to compile the kernel yourself for an extra 40 MB of free RAM. It would feel more rewarding to watch grass grow than to watch that piece of shit compile. What a waste of time. It makes Arch Linux look worthwhile, and that's saying a lot considering that piece of shit doesn't even have clear instructions for how to install it properly.

image.png

•   Miwojedk big bang theory says that all the matter and energy in the universe condensed into one spot and then exploded (gross oversimplification but whatever), but where did that matter and energy come from in the first place? A lot of scientists have raised questions about the big bang theory because it fails to explain how matter and energy came to exist.
    Disagreeing with science isn't a bad thing, scientists used to believe that heat was a liquid. I'm sure some person said that heat was not a liquid and was called incorrect for disagreeing with "settled science."

edit: if you wanna respond dm me (enchy#9117) so we dont derail the thread

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

•   enchy

but where did that matter and energy come from in the first place?

That's not the birth of the observable "universe" though. True that it doesn't describe everything before (although it in large part does, incl. matter and energy), but that's a pretty high (if not impossible) bar to overcome. At some point you have to set a definitive "here is where it started"

Disagreeing with scientific consensus is what vaccine skeptics and flat earthers do. If the scientific consensus says one thing, then it's (certainly) a safe bet to agree with them versus sounding like a flat earther / vaccine "skeptic". Yes, breakthroughs happen, but they are far, far more rare nowadays with how the scientific community and review process is structured.

enchy Disagreeing with science isn’t a bad thing, scientists used to believe that heat was a liquid. I’m sure some person said that heat was not a liquid and was called incorrect for disagreeing with “settled science.”

Science used to be largely performed by small numbers of people. Sometimes even singular people. The majority of the world was unconnected so if a reasonably reputable person made one or two bad takes it was taken as fact.

Stuff these days.. it's peer reviewed. Sure, one person might make the discovery, but then scientists from all around the world double check. And those double checks might also be double checked.

Science isn't just people on their own making up theories based off little evidence. It's thousands of experts from all around the world checking each others work and working together and continuing to develop the scope of human knowledge.

You don't need to look too far to find many scientific papers from reputable institutions worldwide regarding the plethora of evidence in favour of the big bang.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Miwojedk Disagreeing with scientific consensus is what vaccine skeptics and flat earthers do.

so? talking is what hitler did. Also why would you equate vaccine skeptics to flat earthers? are you saying that someone who refuses to refuses to have substances injected into themselves are the same as conspiracy theorists? (i say that as a vaccinated person)

erin Science isn’t just people on their own making up theories based off little evidence. It’s thousands of experts from all around the world checking each others work and working together and continuing to develop the scope of human knowledge.

ok... and?

both of you seem to think science a fact instead of a constantly changing, expanding, field of study. You simply cannot "disagree with science" because science is not a person. Science is just our observation of things around us.

even flat earthers don't disagree with science, they disagree with the current standard model of physics (among other things)