Regarding Lyicx on esotalk

• Hello yes

Just thought I'd bring to everyone's attention this -
    http://imgur.com/a/WRyMyGH

Upon realising its bad n word he changed it

http://imgur.com/a/MMXaue6

Just thought people should know this before casting their vote. Also thought Darth should know what his assistants are up to as representatives of our community :)

Voting closes in 17 hours. Please reconsider if you want this dude to represent the community further as a mod.

i censored the words - i didnt know if i could put the raw word so like

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

@Luke#2606 Also thought @Darth should know what his assistants are up to as representatives of our community

This is an assistant executive? Absolutely disgusting. I had a convo w him earlier regarding this and he just acted like he said it to do business - "he wanted to appeal to the community".

He also only replaced the word to be "politically correct", and through no remorse of own. Terrible representation of TF as a whole.

https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/192-forum-moderator-voting/2

Take new information into account when voting.

• @redeastwood#2607 hardly a convo i was explaining myself.

Regardless i am sorry for this. i did not think much of my usage of the word on other platforms and how this reflected on TF. this was an attempt to again appeal to the demographic that esotalk. i realised this when there was a conversation about esotalk earlier on.

im cutting it out now but like at the same time i do say these words outside of TF and always have done. i dont hold any value to this word at all and people around me know this.

again i am sorry.

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

@lyicx#2609 . i did not think much of my usage of the word on other platforms and how this reflected on TF.

So, you openly call people the hard r n word relating directly to TF, encouraging them to register and vote for you... and you didn't expect that to reflect at all on TF?

@lyicx#2609 this was an attempt to again appeal to the demographic that esotalk

I swear esotalk has like 10 users and most are already on TF. Who were you actually appealing to? The 3 people not on here?

@lyicx#2609 im cutting it out now but like at the same time i do say these words outside of TF and always have done

Cutting it out now? You're the Assistant Server Liasion. Why were you using those words in relation to TF in the first place?

It's unreasonable of myself to try and force you to not use those words outside of TF, however if you use them in relation to TF while being an assistant exec (and potential forum mod) it seems very unlikely you didn't realise the implications

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

@Luke#2612 So, you openly call people the hard r n word relating directly to TF, encouraging them to register and vote for you... and you didn't expect that to reflect at all on TF?

no i didn't this wasn't going through my head at the time

@Luke#2612 I swear esotalk has like 10 users and most are already on TF. Who were you actually appealing to? The 3 people not on here?

its the general consensious of the platform. if you lurk around enough you would find a lot of things that violates totalfreedom policy anyway

@Luke#2612 Cutting it out now? You're the Assistant Server Liasion. Why were you using those words in relation to TF in the first place?

i meant as a whole. not just tf

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• In the interests of not turning this into a flame war, I'm going to temporarily lock the thread. I will form a full reply to address this and other concerns related to this shortly.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• So I'm going to chime my 2 cent in on the matter because I don't want to stop this conversation from happening, but do want to make sure things are fair and reasonable and so far this thread seems to be a bit lacking in that regard.

Before today we had no formal policy around admin conduct on external platforms, and I am also not going to set the president of imposing rules retroactively, as that will open one of the largest can's of worms there is...

I do however see and agree that on this occasion Lyicx should have used better judgement and understood that this sort of behaviour was likely to come back to bite him. I am also aware that this thread hasn't been raised to "Report" Lyicx in any way so far as I can see, or if it is it's in the wrong place.

With all of this in mind, my current thought on the matter is to strongly suggest lyicx look to make a post somewhere appropriate on the forums to apologise for his behaviour, likewise I would strongly suggest anyone else who has posted similar content on the past on EsoTalk or any other external platform that is clearly attributable back to them (And I've got a list so far...)

While this won't please everyone, I'm keen to try to approach this in as fair a way possible, especially given this was not formally reported... I will however stress that going forward and applying to any new content posted which falls into that which is documented here https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/300-admin-co…of-totalfreedom will not be tolerated.

ATLAS as an organisation made a commitment earlier this year on the topic of equality and that applies going forward on TF (https://blog.atlas-media.co.uk/2020/06/27/equality/).

To stress, while I do not condone this behaviour, there is a fine line and no decision I make here can be totally fair or please everyone.

Wild1145

• I will now unlock the thread.

Please keep in mind the forum posting guidelines and be mindful that personal attacks / similar will result in post moderation / forum sanctions.

Wild1145

• I think everyone, in general, should be mindful of others. I am sure there are many people of color in this community that have been too afraid to speak out against this kind of behavior (including myself) because of the number of people who participate in it (many of which are admins). For myself (as a person of color), I've seen people make these racist comments on other platforms and I have felt uncomfortable around them. This has been an ongoing issue for me and I've even considered resigning at one point because I did not want to serve with people who think it is funny to spit out racial slurs. This was especially bad when Seth was the owner and he himself participated in such behavior.

I understand that it is impossible to control what other admins do on other platforms, but here are some things to take into consideration: As an admin, in a way, you are representing the server (and pretty much TF as a whole). If people see admins from here--on other platforms--acting this way, then they may think it is okay to do the same on TF platforms, or they may completely avoid TF altogether because they feel uncomfortable. Another thing is, and I know we've all been told this as kids, but you should be careful with what you post online. It may just come back to haunt you in the future in one way or another.