Require self-requested indefinite bans to last a certain amount of time.

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

zeseryu This also brings up to issue if you enforce a time limit, what happens if a player bypasses the ban? Are we really considering punishing players for bypassing a self-requested ban?

A player bypassed their self requested indefinite ban several weeks ago and on advice from the ban manager, we re-banned them on each occasion they bypassed as by their own will they wanted to be banned from the server. The ban was not held against them in any regard as a punishment per se, however, and all accounts were unbanned following the lifting of the self request.

Edit: Would also like it to be made clear that the player was informed he could message the ban manager for an unban before he bypassed.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Object, it would be extremely hypocritical of us to offer the service of self-requests, and then actively control when a user is allowed to come back from a service that was designed to offer players a break on their own accord.

We are in no position to tell players how to live their lives and we are definitely in no position to put a number on how long we think a player taking time off should last.

• I don't personally think this has been a major problem as of late, and if it becomes one the owner / ban manager can always impose a mandated "Break" that will last a minimum amount of time in cases that the individual is disruptive to the community through the process of "Yo-Yo'ing" between self-request and appeals.

Happy to re-visit in the future if it becomes a regular problem, but I think for now making use of "Mandated Breaks" makes more sense on a case by case rather than a blanket minimum.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK