Indefinite Ban Appeal

• did i do it right? i hope i did

1. Minecraft name: Darwin_Uang
    2. Discord username and discriminator (username#discriminator) (if any): ˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞#9253 (formerly Darwin_Uang#8942)
    3. Approximate date of indefinite ban: Some time around January 18, 2021, I guess..?
    4. Reason for indefinite ban. Please do not lie and try to be sincere and apologize as applicable:
      I joined TotalFreedom sometime in October of 2020. Some time after this event, I saw a command called "/networkmanagerpermissionsbridge". It said "permissions", sure, but it did, well, basically nothing when I used it to apparently give myself Sr. Admin, so I sent in the TotalFreedom Discord "am i supposed to be able to use /nmperms" (I assumed /networkmanagerpermissionsbridge was an alias for this command, or maybe it was the other way round), and when nobody responded, I got frustrated and just gave up trying to ask. I may or may not have asked a second time, but I'm not sure. Either way, I was, sometime later banned (and eventually added to the indefinite ban list) for that one thing that I thought didn't matter: using the command.
    5. Do you agree to follow our server rules (see https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/7) and the rules in place on the forum (https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/5), and all the conditions stated above? Yes.
    6. Please provide the one IP that you will be using to login to the server. If you don't know it, visit ip4.me and cut and paste the result. All other IPs that you used to get indefinitely banned will remain indefinitely banned. Don't provide a VPN IP. 111.250.23.83 (will probably change, IDK)

• At the time, I recall Darth telling me about you being banned for this and he claimed Ryan had banned you without an IBR. Therefore, I will remain Neutral until either Ryan or Darth provide a response

Edit: voted below

•   You! that is correct, there was no request - you can verify this by searching up the entry in the log. Instead of linking the indefinite ban request thread, it just labels internal discussion

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• @'r00t' I mean he's the owner, but its still a reasonable process. In certain exceptional circumstances such as this one, the executives (including the ban manager and Ryan) have a discussion about the situation. A request isn't needed in these situations, presumably to protect the server from publicising too much information on exactly what was done as a usual community voted request requires.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Shdwo i’ve gone by this entire time thinking you were @root’s alt…

...meanwhile ive spent this entire time having zero idea who the hell this guy was lmao

1gaah.png

You! I will remain Neutral until either Ryan or Darth provide a response

Same. While you should have messaged an admin privately instead of asking in public, I feel like some explanation is needed.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• The tldr was this user and a handful of others bypassed server security controls through an exploit in the FreeOP server and granted themselves permissions on the network. They were all indef banned to protect the servers security and posts weren't made as it wasn't needed given they were already banned and at the time we did issue the ban we needed to ensure the bug was fixed and couldn't afford to risk it being made public at that time.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   You! They broke the following rules

Category 1 - Indefinitely Bannable Offenses: Bans that restrict the user from joining the server indefinitely depending on the severity of the offense. Users who were indefinitely banned are able to appeal via the forums or email. (here)
    a. Attempts at harming the server.
    f. Unauthorized access to admin-exclusive resources.
    g. Using an exploit that restricts a players experience.

At that point it frankly doesn't matter how regular the player might have been, they didn't notify me or another admin (And if they did nobody flagged it to me).

Also these bans were only issues a matter of a few weeks - months back... Unless this is someone entirely different to what I'm remembering, which is possible but I'm pretty sure everyone else went through the standard IBR process.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @'Ryan'
    Sure, I broke 1f (though I don’t recall getting “admin-exclusive resources”), but why 1a and 1g? I did not attempt harming the server (unless “using a command that does literally nothing” counts as harmful to the server), nor did the exploit I discovered restrict a player’s experience (or did it?)…