Rule change

• I suggest we remove "French law" from rule 0a

a. Threatening to commit/committing illegal activities that violate US Law, UK Law or French Law on any official TotalFreedom platform. The list of countries is not the only countries where we will enforce this rule but should be treated as a general rule of thumb, illegal behaviour in general is not acceptable.

The us and uk are both English speaking countries, and france is not, so the English playerbase would have a hard time caring about French law . Its already stated that as a general rule of thumb, laws should not be broken. I feel its a little random to put france up there with the US and the UK, especially because both are super powerful and popular countries while france is almost insignificant compared to them.

If you need more convincing, here are some weird french laws i consider ok to break:

1. You can’t name your pig Napoléon
    2. Women who want to dress like a man must first ask the police
    3. It’s legal for French parents to prevent their adult children from getting married
    4. Religious symbols are banned in public schools, including headscarves and crosses
    5. Islamic face veils, such as the burka and the niqab, are banned in public places in France
      "Former President Francois Hollande added: “A burkini is a political act, a militant act, a provocation. Women who wear it are testing the Republic.”
      and
      "Prime Minister Manuel Valls defended the ban by saying: “For me, the burkini is a symbol of the enslavement of women.”
  • While this was an interesting read, I believe french law is included because the actual server itself is hosted in France.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• We have no intention of preventing you from using a name tag on your Minecraft pig. As Erin said, French law is explicitly mentioned because the server is physically located in France. I think "rule of thumb" makes it sufficiently clear that you are not expected to read the French legal code before joining the server.

• TF is hosted in France so we have to adhere to French law. However, if you are not a French citizen, you have no obligation to abide by their laws (especially the pig one), so do whatever you want (as long is it is legal in your home country). If you are a French citizen however, my condolences.

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png