Change Rule 3b

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Currently, as per Rule 3b, one cannot spam commands or chat. My suggestion is to change it only so that one cannot spam the chat.

The reason for this change is because if a player has to spam commands, they're usually doing it for a build, or they're unaware of parameters in a command, such as (number) in //undo.

If a player spams commands for the purpose of annoying admins or other players they will still be punished. This will instead be under Rule 3c, which is when one is a nuisance to other players.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

• Object.

We just need to, and we should already be anyway, reading the context of the situation. We should never be just sanctioning everyone who spams commands. If someone's spamming /enchant addall or /more or something like that, we shouldn't be doing anything about it anyway. This shouldn't need to be written into the rules - this is how it should be already.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Back when I was admin I often just let people spam commands if chat wasn't busy (meaning nobody needed me) & there were no other admins on. I think there should be contextual leniency but we shouldn't allow it at all times.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• You should never be punishing if someone is spamming commands for a non-malicious reason imo. If the chat was busy or some shit and someone is spamming your chat and making it harder to administrate, then just tell them.

• I think the reason behind the rule is that abusing commands floods server logs and admins' chat.

I don't consider it "spam" if a player retypes the same command each second for a short period of time, if doing that makes sense. If they're faster, I advice them to optimise their commands, e.g. by including a multiplier for the action (//undo 5, /asc 2, /spawnmob <entity> 10...)

However, if somebody uselessly repeats commands, uses hacks to rapidly send them, or does shady things like summoning tens of endermen (see latest IBR), then I apply the rule by warning or or blocking commands.

I object to removing the mention to commands.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• I object. The conduct policy doesn't say what counts as spam, so you can already be more or less lenient depending on the situation, and you should be.

I also think 3c should not be used as a catch-all offense. Griefing and crashing the server are also nuisances, yet we have them written out as separate rules for good reason.

• neutral because i don't care if the actual policy changes, but i'd appreciate more leniency about commands.

because i'm not known for building, whenever i do more than a few rotations and replacements, it bothers an admin and i regularly get checked up on. if you're worried someone's gonna crash the server, add the necessary patches.

many admins are obsessed with reading every message, which discourages people who want to get better at building, because they'll make mistakes and have to redo commands a lot. imagine if you had more players, especially builders. you'd never be able to keep up with all the scary high-level commands flying past the screen.

•   StevenNL2000 then i wish they’d do those things first, and only warn, threaten, or punish if there is evidence a player’s use of commands isn’t legitimate. the player should only be confronted as a last resort.

i always expect that there’s always someone watching, that’s not my issue here. the crux of my complaint is that players are made to feel like they’ve done something wrong when they haven’t.