Transparency Notification - TotalFreedom.Me

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • In the interest of transparency, and because existing history and policies (Such as the ownership policy) have depended on this.

Earlier today, Mark (TF's founder) transferred domain ownership of totalfreedom.me over to me. Mark has been generally supportive of my view to draw TF to a graceful close, and while that is now on hold, I do now hold exclusive access to the domain and the associated Cloudflare account which is unique to TF's ownership since Mark stood back

There is going to be some work I will look to do to ensure there is a fall-back in place in the event anything should happen to me IRL, generally speaking someone else at ATLAS could cease control of the assets owned by the company, but at least right now due to the way it's being transferred that's not entirely practical.

On the grounds this does have implications to the current status quo in terms of owners and the ownership policy, I wanted to ensure that this was available as common knowledge to everyone sooner rather than later.

Thanks.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   DragonSlayer2189 Well it's part of what I need to sort out. The reality is a new owner should be a last resort anyway but yes, at least for the foreseeable future I'll probably hold the domain even if tf went up in a puff of smoke tomorrow and 100% of the player base never came back sort of thing. It's cheap enough to renew and just goes on my list of domains.

Wild1145

• I can't lie I am half glad and half concerned Mark gave this away. Glad because it means the ownership policy cannot be overridden, but in the same strand it makes it easier for the owner to just remove it

Keep in mind i dont think ryan will, just a thought

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   Luke Sorry somehow missed this at the time.

You're right though, it does take the "teeth" out of the ownership policy and basically means technically if I don't want to hand the control of the server over, there's nothing compelling me to do so now.

Mark had no interest in retaining control any longer, and when I sought his approval to wind down TF, he was in agreement with me that TF may have had its day. It was a case of it being transferred to my ownership, or control of the domain potentially falling to another "Old timer" or just being left to expire, the last case there being the worst possible one in my view as it would make it impossible to keep any aspect to TF effectively running into the future.

The ownership policy will need a re-visit, and will need a re-visit any way with some of the changes I'm planning to introduce to make it actually useful again going forward, but that's not something that needs to be sorted here.

Wild1145