About the closing of TF

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Hello everyone.

I have a suggestion.
    As we all know, TotalFreedom is being shut down for a variety of reasons by Ryan, the server owner.

I have played for a pretty god darn long time on this server and I really want to help you guys.

This is VERY likely to be denied because people won't necessarily trust a random MB, would they.

I have a server of my own, Redstonium, which is in progress. It's going to be a server network - it's gonna have minigames, all sorts of stuff. I have the ability and resources to host TotalFreedom together with Redstonium, possibly connecting them both. I don't just have the idea of hosting it. I have other ideas too, like changing the way management happens on the server in order to prevent seth styled shit from happening as we all know.

The server also needs to be a lot more interesting - we need more ideas, events, something that hooks better in the server. The main reason why player counts are fairly low is because people have somewhat lost interest in the server - it's not interesting enough. Of course, this requires a lot of work. And also the agreement of Ryan - because I need the server files in order to be able to bring it back.

I believe I'm not the only one missing the server, am I?

Ask questions down below. I'll try to read them all as soon as possible. I'm posting this in order to get approval/disapproval from Ryan. Thank you for reading.

• Quoting Ryan directly here.

Why not hand it over?
    Honestly, because I don't think it's fair to inflict the level of harassment that I've been getting on anyone else here, All that I can see happening is TF cycling through owners quicker and quicker. Also because everything on all of TF's servers is the intellectual property of my company (ATLAS Media Group Ltd) and as such they will own the legal rights to the content on those servers, and it's not something that can then be transferred to someone else.

Handing over the server does not appear to be a realistic option - as said in the initial statement, and a lot of shit needs to be sorted out before we can think about a revival.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   erin Ah, understood. I'm fine with the harassment part, but since it is property of ATLAS, shit needs to be sorted out for it to work.

As I said, I'd need the agreement of Ryan in order to even begin doing shit since I need the server files + it's a property of his company

•   MiasmusAlt If Ryan chooses to accept this, and if he wants to host the server himself, I can help him with the management system and stuff. It's still tho, unsustainable, so we need more players + an actual way to make it sustainable, like hooking it with Redstonium in some way, which will be made to be sustainable.

• Are you seriously expecting people to consider this? I can’t tell if this is a joke or not so I’m not sure how to formulate my response. On the off chance this isn’t a joke, I can probably pick out at least ten reasons as to why this isn’t the ideal solution.

• The issue with tf isn't hosting it. It's the only thing I can confidently do myself. I'll write a proper post later today when I'm home and finished work but the issues with lack of development and lack of retention (which are linked in a lot of ways) are the real issue

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK