What changed after installing Big Sur

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • So, 3 days ago i destroyed windows once again for stupid reasons, then i installed Big Sur using Internet Recovery.
    The OS looks very good and similar to iPhone and iOS 14. But what changed is the startup chime and the drive icons when booting in disk selection. I have a 2016 13" macbook pro and the startup chime was that good old one from older macs.
    After i decided to delete Big Sur and go back to Windows 8.1. The "bios changes" were the same. After i installed Sierra, because i already had windows installed, the chime and drive icons didnt change back to factory settings.
    In my opinion, i think i will need to boot back to Sierra Internet Recovery mode and completely erase my SSD and reinstall Sierra.

So, what are your opinions?

• Go to Best Answer
  • I erased my SSD and reinstalled Sierra but the startup chime and drive icons didnt change back to default. I tried resetting NVRAM and PRAM, but i got the exact same results. I will probably need some help.

I guess i will need to reinstall Sierra again using internet recovery, because when i did command + r, i didnt saw "Starting internet recovery" screen and it directly shown the apple logo, so it probably booted into a recovery partition and failed to reset the "bios".

But i will still need help.

EDIT: im aware that macs dont have bios, but they're kind of. -_-

• This thread reads like a written review of software, but is comprised of a support question despite not being in the correct board for either of those things. That being said, what are you asking here? You've failed to explain why you decided to re-install Sierra as opposed to Big Sur which will inevitably cause issues with downgrading.

• I guess it was an EFI or SMC update after installing Big Sur 4 days ago. Yesterday i reinstalled macOS Sierra 2 times, then i reinstalled Mojave, but nothing helped me. If i install Catalina, im thinking that the startup chime will be back to normal because i first enabled the sound on Catalina. But i still doubt that

• wild1145 November 2, 2022 at 6:29 PM

Selected a post as the best answer.