Cheap printer that I can use for the next year or so

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Hi, I need a printer that I can use so I don't keep missing pieces of homework (due to disability I type all my assignments), can anyone recommend a cheap one that won't be a ballache to keep paying for in terms of ink? My budget is around £60 but can stretch higher

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Epson give you a full set of ink in the box, and back when I was selling printers I tended to recommend them for that reason, you can pick up a cheap Epson printer for £30 and they're honestly semi-disposable given the ink is more expensive than buying a new printer...

I've got a Cannon TS700 Series printer which was pretty cheap, but I wanted it specifically because it could print on to CD's and I could replace that tray for some other things I wanted to print on to, it's a solid printer but as with all printers Ink will fuck you either way now.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   ThePyroManActualAccount The other thing HP do have going for them is that the print head is part of the ink package. The plus side of that is it's one less thing that you'll have to replace in a couple of years (Like our current Epson is trying to get us to do and we're having to hack the firmware a bit) but the downside is aftermarket ink is a lot harder to get that will work with them.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• dont fucking ever get an hp printer
    i have one and it does printer maitenance so you cant even print stuff sometimes
    what needs to be maintained? i dont fucking know, it wont tell me
    what does some shitass printer need fixed? how does it even do maitenance?
    anyways, ive heard brother laser printers are good, not sure tho

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• I'd advise against anything HP. I own an HP printer and its absolute hell with it refusing to work, ridiculous ink pricing, and lets not forget the drivers either (reputation of severe levels of bloatware). Also the printer has crashed while priting stuff with an actual blue screen of death. Save your money and don't buy HP. If you live in the US, you can get a cheap Canon printer for like 70 dollars and have it mailed to your house. Canon PIXMA TS302 Printer

Edit:
    Another reason not to select HP: The stupid printer of mine wouldn't print even though i'm like 6 ft from it, on the same WiFi network, drivers installed and its on and I can visually see it is on. Don't buy HP.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Get an Epson. They come with ink and even the cheap ones print decently and the quality of the drivers is light years beyond HP. I made a thread about mine, but it's definitely way out of your budget. Laser printers and the ink tank ones are the best, but are more expensive. It's just a sacrifice. If you're only looking for something for a year than go ahead and get the cheapest that comes with ink. Just buy a new printer instead of ink and you'll probably last a year

• I have enough experience to say: cheap Epson and HP printers are for masochists.

Get a basic Brother laser B/W printer. Idk what to suggest if you need colours.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• wild1145 November 2, 2022 at 6:49 PM

Selected a post as the best answer.