AustralianKiller (Anzu) - Reinstatement

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  •   Panther My reservations are perfectly valid - if this user has not displayed any sort of change within the last two weeks, how can I even begin to trust that they will change now. I do have some leniency on the fact that this is a mental health issue and not something I can fully see, but it does appear as if they haven't changed much from when they resigned.

Panther Unless you actually think the venting outside of the context of the applicant's mental health impaired their performance as an admin, I don't see how your votes should be considered.

I think that using the discord platform as a primary source to explain frustrations in detail, and to do so almost every single day, impaired their performance as an admin.

Shdwo However, going off of red's reply I think it's safe to assume that you haven't changed.

bro you're literally both discord and server banned and you're making a judgement about someone's mental health and situation based on something your friend said. Furthermore how are you actually going to see proof...?

RedEastWood I think that using the discord platform as a primary source to explain frustrations in detail, and to do so almost every single day, impaired their performance as an admin.

How does what they say on Discord in regards to their life impact their performance as admin..? Furthermore, isn't the fact they are capable of stepping back when they know their health is bad a testament to the fact that they are, in fact, capable of actually administrating properly and making the correct judgement?

MiasmusAlt Because you have so little control over your emotions that you are giving private details to people on a block game server?

How does that show lack of control..?

Furthermore (not aimed at anyone in particular), why are we of the mentality that venting in chat = bad? Using terms like "you haven't changed" and whatever makes it seem like it is a bad thing that should be fixed before becoming admin..

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

Luke bro you're literally both discord and server banned and you're making a judgement about someone's mental health and situation based on something your friend said. Furthermore how are you actually going to see proof...?

No? I'm going off of what I saw when I was present on the discord, I'm just using Red as a reference point as I don't have any idea if what I saw is still occuring, by red's statement.. it is.

•   RedEastWood

Shdwo

I believe both of you are severely missing out on a point here - although red you did kind of brush on it.

Neither of you are in a position to be judging on whether or not anzus mental state has improved because neither of you are anzu.

You're voting on this as if she was suspended for her behaviour when she was not - she was unsatisfied with her mental health and stepped back, and now has been very open about how she is feeling better.

She was mature enough to realise she needed to take a break, and therefore I don't really see why it's anyone elses place to tell her when she's ready to come back.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   erin That’s perfectly reasonable, and I agree with you fully. That being said, I cannot vote only based off applicant word, especially because I can actually see the discord conversations or whatnot. I get that this is a matter based on something I can’t see completely, so I can compromise by keeping a closer eye out for the during of this application, and voting on the last day given there aren’t too many issues.

• As someone who actually spends time with Anzu talking and joking, her mental health haven't seem to make any problems in-game and out of it which makes her a strong individual to work with, if anything, I love when she vents in my discord channels because I encourage people to speak about mental health and try to have someone listen even if it's from this community

I personally will have to vouch.

•   RedEastWood No idea if I’m allowed to reply to these but firstly, recently I’ve just been talking… this might come under ranting in your opinion but I mean this in a brutally honest and frank way… you are the only one in the server who has ever had an issue with my use of the chat. And no solution to said issue or concern has ever come out of that, just mockery and a way to have a go at me. Sorry but I’m being honest here.

• Vouch.

• As Luke said, Anzu's decision to resign when she knows her health is bad is a testament to a sound judgement. That was a very good call on her part.
    • I also concur with Nick in that people should speak out more about mental health instead of letting it bottle up. The worst thing you can do when dealing with mental health is letting that shit bottle up.

OFT:

image.png

•   Shdwo why are we calling this "behaviour" and referring to it as if i've broken rules? Especially since I've toned it down to almost nothing... I've literally just been talking recently.. I've even skimmed over my own discord messages to see if I've made a mistake in judgement. I have a job in mental health starting up soon and I've genuinely taken the initiative myself to form better boundaries in life. I personally think I've made a real effort, thus the reinstatement. Whenever the venting was brought up it was not constructively talked about. It was just used to have a go at me and mock me, not out of concern and no ways to productively reduce it were brought up. I personally don't think someone taking the time to reinstate out of lack of activity in australian timezones should be impacted by if they've talked about their personal struggles here and there, especially if its been significantly reduced to not be overbearing. Also the last time red brought up the venting I quite literally just said it was a shame SERVICE NSW was closed that day and I had to wait to get my ID... that's not a heavy mental health vent that's just saying how my day went.. I proceeded to make a joke awkwardly.

• This thread mirrors the TF community too well.

I'm going to vouch, I do not believe Anzu's ability to administrate is impaired by any kinds of renting, and I would go as far as calling it healthy. I'm also glad to hear Anzu is doing better in the mental health side of things.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

erin Neither of you are in a position to be judging on whether or not anzus mental state has improved because neither of you are anzu.

yea.. they can judge as much as they want. as far as i can tell, the point of voting on threads is that a person judges and makes a decision based on that judgment
    that being said, vouch, for reasons outlined in the rest of your paragraph