Voting system

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Vouch.

I'd advise doing what Seth did at some point - an external website only Wild has access to seeing who submitted what. Except, just don't lookup people's IPs like they did.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• @elmon#2332 this suggestion is less to do with people who can see votes (although it it a bonus) but rather to do with the voting system itself, in the recent forum mod voting, voting for video in that poll is essentially useless because your vote will not change the outcome at all when it is obviously between two other candidates. something like ranked voting would be a good change.

• So just because I'm confused myself on this one. Is the suggestion to reform the voting system to not be first past the post, or to change who can see votes? As far as I'm aware, unless you tick the button to show votes I don't think you can view the votes until the poll closes, or potentially the original poster can as well.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I would be in favour of a move away from first past the post. I think having a runoff with the top two from the first round of voting would be easiest to implement on the forum. Is it still needed with the move to appointed execs though?

• @GeekGuy432#4577 A suggestion was previously approved to switch to approval voting. I would argue that that is the simplest system because it does not require ranking or multiple rounds. The only reason we do not have it right now is that Flarum's poll plugin does not support selecting multiple options at once.

• So I think for admins fionn has already done some work around overhauling this, and it doesn't require any polling.

Executive polling has also since been removed.

For other votes that we do (Things like forum staff / similar) will generally speaking only ever appoint a single person or if not it'd be the top X people on the poll anyway.

There have been some other discussions around how polling works technically, and a lot of that should be fixed when we eventually shift over to the new forums. Until then I'll lock this as I don't think there is going to be anything further that can / should be changed.

Moving away for FPTP in the longer term is probably something I'll look to do, subject to the polling plugin allowing multiple choices.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK