Rewrite the NSFW rule in the Forum Posting Guidelines

• The Forum Posting Guidelines only partially covers NSFW content under section 13, in which it states the following:

13. Posting URLs that contain ... NSFW content ...

This opens a loophole in which users can post NSFW content on the forums in the form of text without being sanctioned. To avoid scenarios like this from happening again, we should split off this rule into its own dedicated rule and rewrite it to cover all avenues of posting it and define examples of what is and isn't a violation of this rule.

Should we implement this suggestion? Do you think there is a better way to approach this? Discuss below.

image.png

•   DragonSlayer2189 nah i think he's more on about where to draw the line in regards to what woulr be a definition here. to me the line crosses when people end up having erotic roleplays in chat. and with the recent ban the line has more or less moved to more graphic and descriptive messages

im wondering me telling someone to "eat a dick" would constitute as this. what im trying to say is i dont want to be banning people for simply saying "dick and balls" or having a mature conversation about genitalia or sex or even some dumb fuck banter as i feel that line is too close and overall could have a drastic effect on the more mature and dedicated audience here

that being said i also dont want literal minors engaging in that sort of roleplay which has happened in public chat a year ago and i found that extremely uncomfortable. obviously this is related to the forums (as i've just realised) and i'd say the line here would be descriptive writing or any sort of erotic roleplay or fanfic writing ahem as i know it wouldn't be comfortable to watch and i at the time did want grounds to moderate that but didn't exist

tl;dr he meant where the line would be drawn (presumably) and i think we should draw a fair line between no descriptive sexual rp and casual sex jokes. i think i waffled a bit too much but i hope the general idea comes across

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

•   Miwojedk i mean me personally if its in a PM then it isn't really a huge issue to it. ryan might feel different about that one idk

we cant even moderate PMs on the server anyhow with network managers system

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

enchy with that definition of nsfw then anyone who has ever posted "suck my dick" or some similar phrase on the discord server should be banned (violating discord tos with posting nsfw in sfw channels, similar to shrimp's situation)

I get that, small phrases like the one you suggested is different than flat out erotica. There's a line between sex jokes (or insults like "suck my dick") and flat out being sexual.

• This should now be addressed as part of the revised community guidelines which are overarching for the forums as well. If it's not let me know and we can re-open this for further conversation.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK