Discord Ban Appeal

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • If you have been banned from the Total Freedom discord server you, please copy the template below and answer the questions to the best of your abilities.

Your discord tag. (Ex: elmon#6023)

shrimp#6021

If known, who banned you? (this can be checked)

Ryan

If known, do you know what time you were approximately banned?

5 minutes ago

Why do you think you were banned? (this can also be checked)

I was banned for "posting nsfw content in a sfw channel"

Explain why you think you should be unbanned, and promise to never do whatever you did again. If your reason remains unknown, you may skip this question.

I said "I am going to use my hacking skills to suck your balls" and "The sack will be in my mouth and I will shuffle the balls with my tongue" which is apparently nsfw which literally makes no sense

it might have been an inappropriate comment but i think it's pretty stupid that I got banned for that

•   Luke It's NSFW Content in a non-NSFW Channel... It's in breach of the Discord TOS and could 100% have our entire Discord server banned...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   Luke Potentially yes, though the reason I issued the ban on this occasion as the fact it was more graphic than the "suck my balls" type of statement. It was detailed and descriptive and I felt it inappropriate for someone between the ages of 13 and say 18 to have to read it when the channel is not an 18+ channel.

Wild1145

• @'Ryan' so is this unappealable...? I feel like we should give lenience here.. while it was more graphic than status quo it's not ridiculously graphic and I feel we should just let this serve as warning of what isn't acceptable to anyone else..

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   Luke It's not unappealable at this time. I didn't ban for breaking the discord tos, it's merely a comment on this appeal that I think it does break the tos.

Given I issued the ban @"simplynick"#11 will be the one in a few days to weigh the evidence and feedback from folks on this thread.

I would encourage folks to provide reasoning behind vouches or objects as there is not a threshold and it's done off of nicks judgment or my judgment.

Wild1145

• I vouch for release given this is pretty much unprecedented, I don't think it was excessive NSFW and I believe guidance should be clearer on the definition of NSFW according to TF. It was likely a genuine mistake and it'd be unfair to keep a user who's been here for years banned for something like this.

I'm not saying the interpretation of NSFW by Ryan is wrong, rather it just isn't clear what is/isn't allowed and this should be served as a warning for any future cases like this.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   Luke Worth noting the rule is pretty clear. No NSFW content at all. It's quite clear you can't post it and uses a number of examples of the type of medium which the content can be posted on which is all forbidden.

Wild1145

• Vouch this is honestly fucking pathetic.

I'm not sure who is sat here cherry picking what is NSFW and what isn't. @"Ryan"#1 your statement on it breaking ToS is hypocritical at best. If you want to look at it from that perspective, you need to ban everyone who has ever said anything NSFW on the chat - you simply do not get to choose what is a breach and what isn't, that's not how it works if you're going to use the "Discord will shut us down" strategy.

It's also quite sad to see someone get banned for this, when its so obviously clear he was joking around and having fun.

• vouch.

just saying, but stating that were at some elevated risk of having the server terminated for comments like this is honestly a joke.

ive seen servers (that are definitely not adult only) with far, far worse content that have been around for years without any form of intervention from discord themselves, so this is highly unlikely to get anything done.

1gaah.png

RedEastWood I'm not sure who is sat here cherry picking what is NSFW and what isn't.

There's no cherry picking. This was in the main general discussion and happened while I was online. It's really as simple as that.

RedEastWood @Ryan your statement on it breaking ToS is hypocritical at best. If you want to look at it from that perspective, you need to ban everyone who has ever said anything NSFW on the chat

Read my precious replies before losing your shit over something I've already addressed.

RedEastWood you simply do not get to choose what is a breach and what isn't

I actually do. It's one of the perks of being the owner. It's my job to make a judgment. But again if you'd bothered to take any time to read my posts earlier in this thread instead of flying off the handle at me, you'd already know this has been addressed.

RedEastWood It's also quite sad to see someone get banned for this, when its so obviously clear he was joking around and having fun.

I'm sure those that destroy folks builds in game are "having fun" but we still ban them because it breaks the rules. The discord has a strict no NSFW content policy and it's been like it since tf started a discord server... It's not new, it's not a surprise.

Wild1145

• With all given context, I am going to vouch.

Discord's ToS, although weird and inconsistent, makes it clear that they will never ban someone over NSFW messages, they ban only over NSFW media.

There are still a few exceptions to this rule of course, such as sexualising of minors, DMs, or channels where the NSFW part is the main topic of discussion (like ERP channels...) but in this given case, this is not a breach of discord's community guidelines or ToS.

The occasional discussion over a topic deemed "Not Safe For Work" between members of the community on a channel that is not marked as "NSFW" is acceptable.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

shrimp I said "I am going to use my hacking skills to suck your balls" and "The sack will be in my mouth and I will shuffle the balls with my tongue"

So this is far from what I would've wanted to see on a Saturday afternoon on a Minecraft server. I doubt anyone would feel anything but regret after scanning their eyes over those aforementioned words.

But I don't think it's entirely justified to ban without warning, especially considering these were the only two messages sent. And thus I'm going to vouch for the release of the ban unless there is something I'm not seeing here.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• vouch
    its a little excessive and i understand it technically breaks discord tos, however if this rule is going to be enforced like this then most admins could probably be banned too
    for example, i assume saying "suck my dick" would also be considered nsfw and who knows how many people, including admins, have said that in the discord

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png