Dr. Pepper made with Sugar

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Just curious if anyone has tried it or even knew it existed. It tastes a lot sweeter than regular Dr. Pepper. It has a tart flavor to it. I compared it side by side to regular Dr. Pepper and now after drinking it with sugar, the regular one just tastes like sweetened corn syrup. The color of the one with sugar is much darker than the regular one. I didn't even know it existed until very recently. It's also pretty rare. I've only found it at one small grocery store. Just curious if anyone else has even heard of it?

• That's actually quite interesting, I never knew it existed.

Fun fact and a question:

People prefer the glass bottle version of Coca-Cola because it tastes better. This is because of the real sugar used, and not the usual corn syrup. My question is do you prefer the sugar version of Dr Pepper?

•   You! Absolutely, I can't really enjoy regular Dr. Pepper anymore. I actually have some of the Coca Cola with real sugar. There are actually two versions of it. They do make Coke in glass bottles with high fructose corn syrup and even so it still tastes better. There's also the glass ones with real sugar (which I've only found at Costco). That tastes a lot more like Coke to me for some reason. The one in cans just tastes like it has a harsher taste. Also, the coke made with real sugar is not actually made in Mexico. They use HFCS in Mexico also.

I've never had Dr. Pepper with real sugar in a glass bottle. I bet it would taste different as well. The one I get is in a 20oz plastic bottle. However, the taste compared to regular Dr. Pepper is really significant