Zarcana's Admin Application

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • While there are some good points brought up by others, I don't believe they are substantial enough to warrant outright objecting. I don't mind trying to help out where possible, if required. You definitely seem to have good dedication for the role, just your knowledge could use some work, but we're all willing to help out with that if you get through the process. ^

Vouch.

• Enough points have already been raised.
    Zarcana's a long time player and knows how things work. I think he can learn to keep his guild roleplay apart from moderation duties. Training will cover the knowledge he lacks.
    Vouch to give him a chance.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• I've been waiting to vote, partially because I'm not sure I was decided enough, but I think now I am after rereading most of the replies. Here are my opinions on this application:

1. Some people are questioning whether or not Zarcana's judgement would be affected by his participation in the Enders guild

UnderTails and I, in our times as guild leaders, have had no qualms with asking for bans of our own members, we have done so in the past with griefers, and I see no reason why Zarcana won't act similarly. If I were them then I would want disruptive members out of my guild and banned.

1. Zarcana responded to said questioning with the procedure he would use to make judgements

Zarcana's answer is somehow "what we want to hear." Well, aren't admin applications SUPPOSED to be what you want to hear? I would assume you want to hear that an applicant will follow the rules and act responsibly. Is Zarcana supposed to give a wrong answer? I would view this as a plus since Zarcana is listing the proper protocol he would use to make the right decision and deliver a sanction or pass on punishment, clearly showing he intends to follow admin procedure.

1. Zarcana doesn't have enough experience

The only way to gain experience is by doing something. It's bullshit to assume that applicants should know everything to do in every situation before even becoming admin, there are other admins that could help/train Zarcana, should they become admin.

In short, the objections that I've seen seem to have some assumptions and judgements I believe are unfair or just flat out incorrect. I'm not an admin so I guess I don't have full knowledge on some of my arguments but other admins have seemed to say what I've summed up here.

vouch

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• Here are the results.

Total objections: 3
    Total vouches: 20
    Total votes: 23

The approval rating of this application (when dividing 20 by 23) is \~87%.

Approved. Congratulations! I'll be home in about an hour, so in the meantime I would like a bunch of admins to all work together to train him and guide him during his first day as an admin.

image.png

• if you need any assistance with anyone being general cunts within the admin team (caleb) lmk and I'll destroy them

ask ashaz if you don't believe me

no but seriously if you need help I'm more than willing to lend a hand

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg