Server Change Freeze - December 17th - January 4th Inclusive

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • As the winter break tends to be one of the most popular times of the year for TotalFreedom, I have decided this year to impose a full change freeze on the TotalFreedom servers.

During this window we will be restricting the changes that are made to the server and it's core infrastructure, so we will not be pushing new plugin updates / releases out and the only changes permitted will be ones agreed in advanced or that are deemed "Emergency".

As part of this all staff applications, reinstatements and similar will be frozen throughout this time. I am aware a lot of people tend to return over the winter break, and while it's great to see many admins who have been inactive for some time, I also appreciate that it's not so productive for the server when we end up with a lot of those re-instating or new players applying for admin who are unlikely to stick around.

Any applications and such that have not been resolved before December 17th will be locked and frozen until after January 4th 2021. The EAO may wish to add additional restrictions in advance of this window, and I'm sure if that is the case it will be announced shortly.

I appreciate this isn't something that's been done in some time, I know Mark when he ran things would often put a freeze to admin apps, and I am not sure if this will work, but my hope is that by getting things to a solid and stable state before December 17th, we can all enjoy a bit of rest and relaxation over the festive break without firefighting the server!

If you have any questions please let me know.

FAQ:

Q: Is SMP Affected by this?
    A: Yes, the SMP server will be restricted in the changes that may be made in line with the freedom server.

Q: Are the beta servers affected by this?
    A: No, as the beta servers are not likely to have a significant number of players, it will not be impacted by this change window. The beta servers may however not be available for joining during this window, it will be dependant on if we are still undergoing active beta testing for anything.

Q: Can I still appeal a ban?
    A: Yes, we will still be allowing people to appeal bans of all natures, the only impact comes for reinstatements and new applications to become a member of server staff.

Q: Does this impact the round of senior admin applications currently underway?
    A: No, the Senior admin applications should have concluded before this change freeze is introduced. If they over-run for any reason we will update this post with the decision made on if we postpone the voting or allow it to continue into the change window.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Just a reminder to all, from 00:01 on Thursday 17th December 2020 until 23:59 on Sunday 3rd Jan 2021 there will be no changes permitted to take place across the TotalFreedom infrastructure without consulting with myself or another member of ATLAS Management.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK