Event suggestion: Random Items

• start on a 5x5 bedrock platform on the void, and give 1 of the following items to every player every 15 seconds:
    Cobblestone: 50%
    Dirt: 25%
    Bone: 10%
    Wooden Plank: 5%
    Grass Block: 3%
    Iron Ore: 3%
    Redstone Dust: 2%
    Diamond: 1%
    Gold Nugget: 0.9%
    Netherite Scrap: 0.1%
    goal is to get full netherite armor and give it to lyicx

• Alright let's do some maths.

Firstly, diamonds to make the armour. You need 24 of them. You'd be expected to get 1 diamond after 25 minutes. All in all for the entire set of armour, you would be expected to be waiting 10 hours to collect your diamonds.

So the drop rate of gold will mean you will be expected to get 1 gold ingot after around 27 minutes and 46 seconds of gameplay. This equates to an expected 7 hours and 24 minutes to get the required gold for all of this.

Netherite has just a 0.1% drop rate. Its 9 times less likely than golden nuggets and 10 times less likely than diamonds to appear.

You would be expected to wait 4 hours 10 minutes to get ONE netherite scrap. And for the whole set? 66 hours, 40 minutes. And that's all constant attentive gameplay - and in that time your inventory will have received 15,670 items that are completely and utterly useless, taking into the account the fact you will need to construct a crafting table and then a smithing table, all of which will be wrapped up in around 45 minutes.

Since the goal is netherite armour, there's no point in doing anything aside from getting netherite armour. So this event would be 45 minutes in which we build a simple shelter and set up a smithing table, and then an average of 66 full in game hours of waiting. (could be 40 hours, could be 100 hours.)

Object.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

SuperRyn goal is to get full netherite armor and give it to lyicx

that is a pretty steep goal and with those odds we'd be there for hours and it would not be funny. erins done the fuckin math lmao

however i dont have a problem of the random item concept within minismp because i dont see it being too much different to that standalone personally

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• object for the idea in its current form.

an event related to making the most out of random items could lead to a very fun and chaotic event. i was with you up until the part where you said the goal is to obtain netherite armor. that wasn't at all where i thought you were going with this. there is so much more potential behind the idea. take it a step further, i know you can.

• i want to make a bit of a counter suggestion to this. i briefly mentioned it but i want to know everyone's thoughts on this as the original suggestion is not something i wanna do as i dont think people will find that as amusing

lyicx however i dont have a problem of the random item concept within minismp because i dont see it being too much different to that standalone personally

im more interested to put this in a miniSMP event where people get random items every minute or so as i feel it would work a lot more better as part of that experience rather then a giant waiting and crafting game on a 5x5 platform that 9 times out of 10 people will just knock eachover off of

awesomeist tf blokey

@'aeluraydakx4' could there be multiple platforms?

elaborate. minismp wont have platforms exclusively to this

@'aeluraydakx4' i wouldn't care if i had to wait, as long as it's not minutes between items

i think given the planned runtime for these events usually go on for around 10-12 hours. i think a minute an item is well balanced. its not fast enough to be overpowered and intrusive but fast enough to be relevent. thats around 600-720 items per player if they stick from beginning to end

awesomeist tf blokey

• alright, im denying this suggestion. random items in minismp kills the normal progression i had in mind and takes value of a lot of things and overall kinda kills the entire experience for me

we tried it on this event: https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/2543-minismp…gust-at-1pm-bst and overall i dont think it worked out from my perspective and a lot of people seem to be in agreement.

the actual suggestion is also defo a no. waiting games are not in any means enjoyable. erins ran the math and its like total dog

awesomeist tf blokey